Subject: Some documents you should know about.....

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:13:12 -0700

Hi,

there's a couple of documents being discussed that the WG chairs should 
know about, because they may affect how *your* WG behaves, and what you can 
do to help it get work done.....

draft-hardie-alt-consensus, being discussed on [email-masked], 
talks about mechanisms to "unstick" decisions where a WG agrees that a 
choice needs to be made, but is deadlocked on which choice it should be.

draft-dawkins-newtrk-wgs, being discussed on [email-masked] (the 
NEWTRK WG list), talks about a new document designation called "Working 
Group Snapshot", that is somewhat more "important" than an I-D, but not as 
final as a PS.
draft-rousskov-newtrk-id-state proposes another mechanism for some of the 
same purposes.

Also, of course, draft-ietf-proto-* are descriptions of experiments that 
the PROTO team is starting to enable the IETF (and you!) to get work done 
more easily; feedback is always welcome!

                   Harald