Subject: New ID-Checklist to replace ID-nits (fwd)

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:54:18 -0700

I assume most of you saw this message on ietf-announce.
But since it's especially important to the WG chairs, I'm forwarding it to 
you directly.

Take care!

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 20. mai 2004 09:34 -0400
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: New ID-Checklist to replace ID-nits

    As you probably all know, we have used the ID-nits for a few
    years to help you all to prepare your Internet-Drafts such that
    they will process faster through the AD-review, IETF Last Call
    and IESG approval process.

    The name was somewhat wrong in that it is more a serious checklist
    than merely "nits" (however, there are some nits too).
    The IESG, RFC-Editor and IANA have evaluated the checklist, and
    a new (improved) ID-Checklist is now available at

            http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

    Please help us all by actually CHECKING your Internet-Draft BEFORE
    you pass it on to your AD and the IESG via a "request to publish".
    It will help to make the process go faster and reduce the workload
    on all of us if your document has been checked and complies with
    the guidance/rules in the ID-Checklist.

    Thanks, the IESG

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:19:21 +0300 (EEST)

> But since it's especially important to the WG chairs, I'm forwarding it to 

One critical question: are boilerplates based on RFC2026 still OK?

I mean, there are a lot of drafts, work-in-progress, which have been
created with old tools supporting RFC2026 only, and changing the tools
during the process could take a bit of time..

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings