Subject: More lost drafts?

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:53:11 -0700

Folks,

we've had another couple of reports of drafts being sent to the 
internet-drafts address and not being posted.

We're not sure whether this is a recipient problem, spam filters doing the 
wrong thing, or just a few reports that have been repeated. So we're asking 
you to report back.
If you know of a a case occuring after April 1 of sending in an I-D and it 
not appearing in the directories after 3 working days, please send a 
message to me containing:

- The draft name
- When you sent it (date and time)
- What mail address you sent it from
- Whether you got the automatic receipt notification or not
- Whether it eventually appeared

If it has NOT appeared, you should also put [email-masked] into the 
To: field, so that the secretariat can track it down.

Thank you!

                   Harald

PS: In case you wondered - Saturdays and Sundays are NOT considered working 
days :-)

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:01:26 +0900

Dear all,

Regarding sending drafts, I noticed another inefficiency (or change in
policies ?): several authors have told me that there (personal) drafts
have not been notified on the WG ML they were supposed to be announced,
although they explicy told the secretariat to do so.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this.

> PS: In case you wondered - Saturdays and Sundays are NOT considered working 

Well, depends where in the world ;-)

Thierry.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:08:02 +0200

Hi Thierry,

> Just wondering if anyone has noticed this.

Yes.  Happened to me with draft-levkowetz-mip4-home-nai-00.txt submitted
on 28 April 2004.

	Henrik

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:09:31 +0300 (EEST)

> Yes.  Happened to me with draft-levkowetz-mip4-home-nai-00.txt submitted

Same here.  I thought this been a new policy of doing less work per
I-D.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:30:01 -0700

>Just wondering if anyone has noticed this.

Yes. It forces the authors (or WG chairs) to both watch the 
announcements and then forward them to the list. This is yet another 
service to the IETF that seems to have been classified as "lower 
priority" by the Secretariat.

It is even more annoying when things like IETF last calls on WG 
documents don't get sent to the WG mailing list (this happened 
recently for the L3VPN WG).

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium