Subject: IPR and Copyright Statements

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:35:06 +0300

Harald,

What is the status of the application of RFC 3667? I am on the verge of submitting a few Internet-Drafts, and I am wondering whether:

- I should include he IPR Disclosure Acknowledgement described in Section 5.1 of RFC 3667 (required in all Internet-Drafts)
- The Copyright Notice described in Section 5.4 of RFC 3667 (for all IETF Documents). 
 You have indicated in a previous message that June 15 would be the D-Day, but you also said 'we're not firmly wedded to a date until we have all the guideline documents updated'. The ops-area page now points to a new version of the MIB guidelines document, which points to RFC 3667.

So, what is the guideline? What do I do if I need to submit an I-D today?

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:52:13 -0700

Yes, you should conform to the RFC 3667 guidelines.

The only reason (excuse, really) not to do so is you're not using xml2rfc, 
and are only doing minor tweaks to an old document.

At the moment, D-Day will not be before July 1 - it took a while to get our 
guidance house in order.

                           Harald

--On 15. juni 2004 14:35 +0300 "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

>
> Harald,
>
> What is the status of the application of RFC 3667? I am on the verge of
> submitting a few Internet-Drafts, and I am wondering whether:
>
> - I should include he IPR Disclosure Acknowledgement described in Section
> 5.1 of RFC 3667 (required in all Internet-Drafts)
>
>  You have indicated in a previous message that June 15 would be the
> D-Day, but you also said 'we're not firmly wedded to a date until we have
> all the guideline documents updated'. The ops-area page now points to a
> new version of the MIB guidelines document, which points to RFC 3667.
>