Subject: WG Mailing List Web Archives

From: The IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:52:25 -0400

Dear IETF Working Group Chairs:

Approximately 80 percent of the working group charters on the IETF Web site include 
the URL for the HTML-format Web archives in the "Mailing Lists" section. We would like
to update the remaining charters by replacing the URLs for the raw-format archives 
with the URLs for the HTML-format Web archives, where applicable.

The Secretariat maintains HTML-format Web archives as well as raw-format archives 
for all working group mailing lists hosted @ietf.org. Therefore, we can update 
the charters for these groups without further assistance. However, we do not have 
the URLs for the HTML-format Web archives of those working group mailing lists that 
are hosted elsewhere. Therefore, if your mailing list is not hosted @ietf.org, and 
if you maintain HTML-format Web archives as well as raw-format archives for the list,
then we would appreciate your sending us the URL for the HTML-format Web archives so 
that we can include it in the charter.  Please send the information to 
[email-masked].  If you do not maintain HTML-format Web archives for your 
list, then we will continue to include the URL for the raw-format archives on your 
charter page.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:51:44 -0400 (EDT)

since the Secretariat is supposed to be maintaining archives for
*all* working group lists - I see no reason for the conditional in
this letter - the Secretariat should point to their own copy of
the archive not archives maintained by someone else

Scott

-------

>From [email-masked]  Mon Jun  7 14:44:10 2004
From: The IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:52:25 -0400
Cc: 
Subject: WG Mailing List Web Archives
Sender: [email-masked]

The IETF Secretariat