Subject: Topical WG Chairs Training in San Diego

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:26:18 -0400

In addition to the public training offered on Sunday, we will once 
again be holding a topical training session during the Wednesday 
lunch period at the San Diego IETF.  This session is open to current 
WG and BOF chairs, IESG members and IAB members.  A complimentary 
lunch will be served.

Two topics will be presented:  (1) What WG Chairs Need to Know about 
MIBs, and (2) Administering WG Mailing Lists.  See full details below.

The first topic will be presented by Bert Wijnen or one of his MIB 
Doctors and will offer practical advice about how to guide your WG 
through the process of MIB standardization.

The second topic will be a panel discussion including Bill Fenner, a 
member of the secretariat responsible for IETF mailing list 
administration and other panelists TBD.  The discussion will cover 
practical approaches for mailing list administration, IETF policies 
regarding spam control and non-member posts, and some of the gray 
areas that lie between policy and practice.

If you would like to attend this session, please RSVP to 
[email-masked] by Wednesday, July 28th.  The location of the session 
will be sent to everyone who RSVPs.

Hope to see you there!

Margaret

---

Wednesday, August 4, 2004
======================

1130-1300  WG Chairs Training Lunch -- Location TBD

            What WG Chairs Need to Know About MIBs (Bert Wijnen or MIB Doctor)
                - When does it make sense to define a MIB for a protocol?
                - What are the I-D checklists items related to MIBs?
                - What tools are available to check/review MIBs?
                - What is a MIB doctor?  When do I need one, and how do I find one?
                - How can I engage MIB expertise in my WG?
                - How can I motivate my WG to care about MIBs?

            Administering WG Mailing Lists (Panel Discussion, Panelists TBD)
                - Policies and advice regarding spam control and 
non-member posts
                  on IETF lists
                - Tools and techniques for moderating ietf.com mailing lists

            Includes lunch for all attendees.