Subject: Fwd: [Inquiry #5820] Late announcement of the WG Chair approval deadline

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 12:50:50 -0700

Howdy,
	I contacted Barbara Fuller about this, and the
Secretariat has adjusted the deadline so that the they
will accept approval from WG chairs up to the ID deadline.
She also gives a bit of history on this, and describes what
they will do in future to avoid this confusion.
			regards,
				Ted Hardie

>
>Hi Ted:
>
>Mea Culpa :-(
>
>We should have sent the reminder out earlier, and we apologize for not
>doing so.  Under the circumstances, we will of course extend the
>deadline for receiving WG chair approval to post version -00 I-Ds.
>Specifically, we will post any I-Ds that are submitted prior to the July
>12 at 9:00 AM ET cutoff date as long as we also receive approval from
>the WG chairs by that deadline.
>
>The deadline for receiving WG chair approval for version -00 I-Ds was
>changed after the 56th IETF Meeting to facilitate the processing of
>these drafts.  The new deadline, which is five (5) business days before
>the cutoff date, was included in the reminder messages that were sent
>for the 57th, 58th, and 59th IETF Meetings.  In addition, a separate
>reminder message was also sent to the WG chairs for the 57th and 58th
>IETF Meetings.  However, we did not send this separate message for the
>59th or 60th IETF Meetings.
>
>In the future, we will send both reminder messages well in advance of
>the deadline, and we will also include the deadline in the "Important
>Meeting Dates" list.
>
>Regards,
>
>Barbara