Subject: RE: Fridays (RE: 60th IETF - DRAFT Agenda)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 22:50:59 -0700

Hi Harald,

I would be very happy if the scheduling window was moved up and/or
shortened.  I have no problems in getting in the scheduling request in
early, and imagine others would feel similarly.  If the agenda was set a
month in advance of the meeting, that would help out a lot of people with
their travel plans -- that means that attendees can book at some of the
lowest air rates available and book with confidence that they will be
present for the meetings they need to attend.

Elizabeth
-----Original Message-----
From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 10:32 PM
To: [email-masked]; Melinda Shore
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Fridays (RE: 60th IETF - DRAFT Agenda)

Bill,

--On 18. juli 2004 16:00 -0700 [email-masked] wrote:

> 1) For the next IETF publish early agendas to the world

as a working group chair - can you also commit to getting your meeting 
request in within a week of the start of scheduling?

An early agenda depends critically on having the requests in. You have seen 
the number of additional groups scheduled from the first version of the 
agenda to the last version - this is NOT because these requests were in a 
secret cache somewhere.

>
> 2) Schedule a series of "important"/"Interesting" WG meetings on a full
> Friday's agenda (not just a couple of random BOFs, so that many people
> go "Hey I need to be there for that"

---

From: "bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:10:35 -0700

Good point Elizabeth...

Can we close scheduling 5 weeks prior to the IETF Meeting (lets say 5
weeks and a Friday for scheduling reequests)

We can have a prototype schedule out the next Monday, and a finalized
schedule out a week later, leaving us with 4 a week to get travel
approval and book tickets and still be 21 days out.

This will definitely help international travelers that need more time.

Anyone object to this - can we get details settled in San Diego, and
implemented for IETF 61 ?

Bill

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 10:51 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> I would be very happy if the scheduling window was moved up 
> and/or shortened.  I have no problems in getting in the 
> scheduling request in early, and imagine others would feel 
> similarly.  If the agenda was set a month in advance of the 
> meeting, that would help out a lot of people with their 
> travel plans -- that means that attendees can book at some of 
> the lowest air rates available and book with confidence that 
> they will be present for the meetings they need to attend.
> 
> Elizabeth
> > 2) Schedule a series of "important"/"Interesting" WG meetings on a 
> > full Friday's agenda (not just a couple of random BOFs, so 
> that many 
> > people go "Hey I need to be there for that"
> 
> 
> 
> 
>

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:14:10 -0400

Hi All,

>weeks and a Friday for scheduling reequests)

Do the people who are suggesting an early cut-off also think that the 
early cut-off should apply to BOF approvals?

Margaret