Subject: [Inquiry #5820] Late announcement of the WG Chair approval deadline

From: " via RT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:10:36 -0400

Hi Ted:

Mea Culpa :-(

We should have sent the reminder out earlier, and we apologize for not
doing so.  Under the circumstances, we will of course extend the
deadline for receiving WG chair approval to post version -00 I-Ds. 
Specifically, we will post any I-Ds that are submitted prior to the July
12 at 9:00 AM ET cutoff date as long as we also receive approval from
the WG chairs by that deadline.

The deadline for receiving WG chair approval for version -00 I-Ds was
changed after the 56th IETF Meeting to facilitate the processing of
these drafts.  The new deadline, which is five (5) business days before
the cutoff date, was included in the reminder messages that were sent
for the 57th, 58th, and 59th IETF Meetings.  In addition, a separate
reminder message was also sent to the WG chairs for the 57th and 58th
IETF Meetings.  However, we did not send this separate message for the
59th or 60th IETF Meetings.

In the future, we will send both reminder messages well in advance of
the deadline, and we will also include the deadline in the "Important
Meeting Dates" list.

Regards,

Barbara
---------------------------------------
> [[email-masked] - Wed Jul 07 13:16:16 2004]:
> 
> Howdy,
> 	I realize this would normal go through Harald, but
> he is not currently available.  Apparently the WG chairs were
> very surprised to discover that the deadline for approval of -00 drafts
> is tomorrow when the drafts deadline itself is the 12th.  This
> was not on the "important dates" meeting page, and the
> communication on this seems to have broken down, as I can
> find no mention of it in my own mail archives prior to now.
> 	While it certainly makes sense to have the deadline
> in advance, could the Secretariat reconsider this deadline for
> this meeting, and in future include it in the "important dates"
> page?
> 	Many thanks,
> 			Ted Hardie
> 
>

---

From: " via RT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:37:01 -0400

Hi Ted:

Mea Culpa :-(

Regards,

Barbara