Subject: RE: Fridays (RE: 60th IETF - DRAFT Agenda)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:00:06 -0700

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: Fridays (RE: 60th IETF - DRAFT Agenda)
> From: "Melinda Shore" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, July 18, 2004 2:03 pm
> To: "Harald Tveit Alvestrand" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
>
> On Sunday, July 18, 2004, at 03:59 PM, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> > I wonder if the Right Thing is to add another Friday session? Or even
> > two - make it a full day of work?
>
> I think that's an excellent suggestion, if for no other reason
> than it would help reduce scheduling conflicts.
>
Just my two cents..

I don't think the majority of people give a care as to when a WG meeting
is, as long as they know long enough in advance to be there for it.

Can I make two suggestions.

1) For the next IETF publish early agendas to the world

2) Schedule a series of "important"/"Interesting" WG meetings on a full
Friday's agenda (not just a couple of random BOFs, so that many people
go "Hey I need to be there for that"

Lets get Friday back on the IETF agenda if we need it again

Bill

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:32:02 +0200

Bill,

> 1) For the next IETF publish early agendas to the world

as a working group chair - can you also commit to getting your meeting 
request in within a week of the start of scheduling?

An early agenda depends critically on having the requests in. You have seen 
the number of additional groups scheduled from the first version of the 
agenda to the last version - this is NOT because these requests were in a 
secret cache somewhere.

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:44:12 +0300 (EEST)

> request in within a week of the start of scheduling?
[...]

Note that even if you do know that your WG will want to meet at the 
meeting, you don't necessarily yet know how much time you would like, 
i.e., what kind of slots and how many.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings