Subject: General Training in San Diego

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:05:55 -0400

Hi All,

We have our usual complement of training sessions scheduled for 
Sunday afternoon at the San Diego IETF meeting (see below for 
details).  These sessions include training for IETF Newcomer's, 
Introductory Training for New or Aspiring WG Chairs, Training for 
IETF Document Editors and a technical Security Tutorial.

All of these sessions are open to any IETF participant.  So, if you 
will be in San Diego on Sunday afternoon, I hope you will attend!

Thanks,
Margaret

---

Sunday, August 1, 2004
===================

1300-1400  Newcomer's Training -- Grande Ballroom A (Margaret Wasserman)

            An introduction to the IETF for new or recent IETF
            attendees.  Covers the IETF document processes, the
            structure of the IETF, and tips for new attendees to
            be successful in the IETF environment.

1300-1500  Editor's Training -- Marina 5  (Avri Doria)

            Training for current or aspiring IETF document
            editors.  Covers the roles and responsibilities
            of a document editor, and includes advice on
            producing a high-quality IETF specification.

1500-1700  Intro WG Chairs Training -- Location TBD  (Spencer Dawkins)

            Introductory training for new or aspiring WG
            chairs.  Covers the role and responsibilities of
            a WG chair, and includes advice on how to run a
            WG that is fair, open and productive.  This class
            is open to all IETF attendees.

1500-1700  Security Tutorial -- Grande Ballroom A  (Radia Perlman)

            All IETF attendees need to be aware of the security
            implications of our design choices.  This session
            offers a basic primer in protocol security, as well
            as advice on how to write the Security Considerations
            sections required for all IETF documents.