Subject: New draft on Instructions to Request for Comments (RFC) Authors

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:21:33 -0700

Greetings again. Based on feedback I got from a few people, I created 
an Internet Draft that is meant to be the successor to RFC 2223. The 
purpose is to cover what actually happens in RFC processing, and not 
to cover other material in RFC 2223 that RFC authors don't need to 
know.

I passed the -00 by a few folks, including on the rfc-interest 
mailing list, and have incorporated comments. The -01 is here:

	Title		: Instructions to Request for Comments (RFC) Authors
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-rfc-author-guide-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-9-13

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-rfc-author-guide-01.txt

Given that WG chairs regularly interact with the RFC process and 
sometimes find some things that don't happen in the way they are 
supposed to, I would love to get input from this group on the 
document.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium