Subject: Please help us revise of Tao of the IETF

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:01:47 -0700

Greetings. Susan Harris and I have begun another round of work on 
"The Tao of the IETF", RFC 3160. The new version is at 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-taobis-00.txt>.

We would like to get comments and suggestions on how to make this 
document as useful as possible for newcomers to the IETF. We are 
particularly interested in hearing from people for whom the recent 
San Diego meeting was the first IETF meeting they had attended. If 
you know people in your WG who are in that group, please pass this 
message to them; it would be great if they would look through the 
Internet Draft and let us know what is missing that would have helped 
them with their experience.

We are also interested in beefing up section 5 on working groups. 
Historically, the Tao has been more focused on how to attend IETF 
meetings, but we would like to give more information for newcomers to 
the realities of the WG process (what it is supposed to be like, and 
what it is really like). If you have suggestions for us on this, by 
all means let us know.

Thanks in advance!

Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Susan Harris <[email-masked]>