Subject: IESG telechat agendas and RFC-editor RFC approval announcements

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:11:40 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Two comments:

1) I just noticed that there's the next IESG telechat agenda 
available, with links at:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/agenda.html

(linked off from the IESG web page).  This is very nice.  Thank you!

2) I just noticed that announcements about the IESG having no problem
publishing a particular RFC editor's individual submission aren't
anymore sent to the IETF announce or other lists (at least I think
we've gotten them before).  Has this been intentional?  See the list
at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/rfc_editor_announcement.cgi?accepted=yes

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:31:54 -0400

> we've gotten them before).  Has this been intentional?

My recollection is that IESG OKs of individual submissions were never
cc'ed to the broader ietf list. Approvals of WG documents, however,
are.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/rfc_editor_announcement.cgi?accepted=yes

Indeed, if you look at the bottom of the list you cite, the entry for
April, 2003 didn't cc the ietf.

One can argue whether or not the ietf community should be cc'ed (I
wouldn't object), but I think that not doing so has been existing
practice for quite some time.

Thomas

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:19:05 +0200

Pekka,

> (linked off from the IESG web page).  This is very nice.  Thank you!

you're welcome :-)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/rfc_editor_announcement.cgi?accepted=

Yes. We've never sent those notes to the ietf-announce list.
The theory behind this is that the RFC Editor's handling of independent 
submissions is the RFC Editor's business, and the RFC Editor should 
announce those decisions; the IESG is merely doing one particular check on 
the document.

                     Harald