Subject: RE: Listing design teams on charter pages

From: "Mani, Mahalingam \(Mahalingam\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:58:36 -0600

In CAPWAP we publicised the list in the WG mailing list (and
design-team's mailing list was accessible from web for reading) and
maintained details of its work in the CAPWAP-related website. It
effectively had a pointer from the WG page - but not all the names
themselves. Worked well for the WG.

-mani
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Ken Hornstein
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 12:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Listing design teams on charter pages 

>Hi again. One of WGs has an active design team that is working on one 
>of our major charter items. That design team has its own open mailing 
>list. Someone from that list asked why the design team list isn't on 
>the WG charter page like the "main" list.
>
>How do folks feel about this? It would help point to places where WG 
>work is being done (in this case, because the main list was too 
>busy), but it also could be confusing.

I'd vote for transparency over confusion (and I personally don't think
it would be that confusing).  If I visited a WG charter page, it sure
would save me some time to know that "foo" is being worked on by a
design team and I should read the design time list archives if I'm
interested in "foo".

--Ken