Subject: WG Chairs Training at IETF 61

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 08:59:17 -0500

Hi All,

At IETF 61, the EDU Team will host our usual WG chairs topical 
session during lunch on Wednesday.  This time, our session will focus 
on Intellectual Property Rights issues for IETF WGs and how to handle 
them effectively.  We will have some of the IETF's IPR experts 
available in-person, and we hope to have the IETF's lawyer, Jorge 
Contreras, available via telephone to address any legal issues that 
arise.

The details are:

Wednesday, November 10, 2004
==========================
1130-1300  WG Chairs Training Lunch -- Room TBD

           Intellectual Property Workshop:
	Presentation:  Update on IETF IPR Policies, etc.
           	Panel Discussion:  Dealing with real-life IPR Issues
		Panel:  TBD
	Followed by round-table discussion

            Includes lunch for attendees.

This session is open to all WG Chairs, BOF Chairs and IESG members. 
There is limited space available, so if you wish to attend, please 
RSVP to [email-masked] by this Friday, November 5th.

We will also have an Introductory WG Chairs training session for new 
and aspiring WG chairs on Sunday afternoon.  This session is open to 
everyone in the IETF, including experienced WG chairs who just want 
to find out what we're teaching these days.  The details for this 
session are:

Sunday, November 7, 2004
=====================
1500-1700  Intro WG Chairs Training -- Room TBD  (Spencer Dawkins)

            Introductory training for new or aspiring WG
            chairs.  Covers the role and responsibilities of
            a WG chair, and includes advice on how to run a
            WG that is fair, open and productive.  This class
            is open to all IETF attendees.

Hope to see you there!
Margaret