Subject: Call for Input to the 61st IETF Meeting Proceedings

From: Rebecca Bunch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:36:47 -0500

***This message is for all Working Groups and BoFs that met at IETF 61 
in Washington , DC . ***

Dear Working Group and BoF Chairs:

The deadline for submission of minutes and presentation slides for 
inclusion in the proceedings of the 61st IETF Meeting is Friday, 
December 10, 2004 at 17:00 ET .  Any materials received after that time 
will not be included.

Please send all materials to [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>.  To ensure that your materials are not 
flagged as SPAM, please use "IETF-61 Proceedings Submission" as the 
"Subject" line.

Submission of minutes is mandatory.
 
Minutes may be submitted in plain text (Unix/Mac/Dos) or in simple HTML 
with NO style sheets.  Minutes submitted with style sheets WILL BE 
converted to plain text.  Minutes submitted in plain text WILL BE 
reformatted by the Secretariat.  Therefore, if you are concerned about 
preserving the formatting of your minutes, then please submit them in 
simple HTML.

Submission of presentation slides is optional.

Presentation slides may be submitted in any of the following formats:
.TXT Plain text (Unix / Mac / Dos)
.DOC MS Word Document (v 95 - 2000)
.PDF Adobe Portable Document Format (Acrobat 3, 4, 5, 6)
.PPT MS PowerPoint (v 95 - 2000)

When submitting slides for multiple presentations, please indicate the 
order that the presentations should appear in the proceedings.  If you 
turned in a completed "Proceedings Submission Form" at the 61st IETF 
Meeting, and if the information has not changed, then please confirm 
that this is the case when you submit your slides.  If you did not turn 
in a "Proceedings Submission Form" at the meeting, or if the information 
has changed, then please include a list of the presentations in the 
message that accompanies your slides.  A Microsoft Word version of the 
"Proceedings Submission Form," which can be completed electronically and 
submitted by e-mail along with the presentation slides, is available at 
http://www.ietf.org/instructions/proxform.doc.

Ninety-seven (97) working groups and BoFs met at IETF 61. As of today, 
December 9th, 2004, 27 have not yet submitted any materials, 7 have 
submitted minutes but no slides, and 14 have submitted slides but no 
minutes. The current status of the proceedings, including the list of 
groups in each category, is available at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/proceeding_interim.cgi?meeting_num=61

The following groups have submitted slides only (14): avt, dna, ipcdn, 
iptel, ipv6, isms, lemonade, mmusic, nemo, nfsv4, *pki4ipse (only 1 of 
4sets of slides), rmonmib, rtgarea, tsvwg

The following groups have submitted minutes only (7): ietf-tv, imapext, 
l2tpext, ltans, netconf, *pim, sieve

The following groups have submitted nothing (27): behave, ecrit, 
geopriv, hip, idr, *imss, ipoib, *ippm, isis, l2vpn, l3vpn, *ldapbis, 
*midcom, *mip4, msec, *opsarea, pana, pkix, pmtud, rpsec, rtgwg, sasl, 
secsh, sip, sipping, tcpm, webdav

(*groups that have submitted a Proceedings submission form)

If you have already submitted materials, then we encourage you to review 
them on line and send any corrections to [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>. The deadline for submitting corrections 
is Friday, December 23, 2004 at 17:00 ET .

If you do not see your submissions, then please send a message to 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> to verify that they have 
been received.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

The IETF Secretariat
 
Rebecca F. Bunch
Foretec Seminars, Inc.
1895 Preston White Dr.
Suite 100
Reston , VA   20191
703-620-9053, x5365
703-620-9071

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:55:12 -0800

Hi -

> From: "Rebecca Bunch" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "Harald Tveit Alvestrand" <[email-masked]>; "Barbara B. Fuller" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 9:36 AM
> Subject: Call for Input to the 61st IETF Meeting Proceedings
...
> Submission of minutes is mandatory.
...

Perhaps it would help if there were some dire consequence for WGs
that failed to submit minutes.  Perhaps the IESG could terminate the
tardy?  After all, the requirement to submit minutes is clearly stated
in RFCs 2026 and 2048.

Randy

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:48:42 -0800

Randy,

>tardy?  After all, the requirement to submit minutes is clearly stated

I think it would better to make it a positive incentive.  How about if 
working groups that get their material in before the deadline, get a "Clear 
an IESG Discuss" card they can use when they think it is warranted.

Bob

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:09:34 -0800

> an IESG Discuss" card they can use when they think it is warranted.

How about first dibs on meeting scheduling as a reward?

--aaron