Subject: massive numbers of unsubscribes on ietf.org lists

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:55:52 -0500

Is anyone else seeing massive numbers of unsubscriptions on their
ietf.org-hosted working group mailing lists?  I recently received 53
such notifications about members in a variety of domains that look
like this:

  This is a Mailman mailing list bounce action notice:
  
      List:       Pppext
      Member:     <xxxx>
      Action:     Subscription disabled.
      Reason:     Excessive or fatal bounces.

This is sort of suspicious, and just way too many to be mere
coincidence.  Did the ietf.org remailer end up on a spam blacklist
somewhere?

-- 
James Carlson, IP Systems Group?               <[email-masked]>
Sun Microsystems / 1 Network Drive         71.234W   Vox +1 781 442 2084
MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757   42.497N   Fax +1 781 442 1677