Subject: Re: 62nd IETF - WG/BOF Scheduling

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:45:34 +0000

I'm sure I should know this, but can someone remind me the two dates:

(i) when the first draft  of the agenda will be ready for review?

(ii) the final agenda will be fixed 62nd IETF in Minneapolis

Gorry

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:57:35 +0100

>From my december message on the subject:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
December 22, Wednesday - Working Group and BOF scheduling begins
February 7, Monday - Working Group and BOF initial scheduling closes 17:00
February 14, Monday - Cutoff date for requests to reschedule meetings 08:00
February 21, Monday - Final WG and BOF scheduling closes by 17:00 ET
February 28, Monday - Working Group agendas due date by 12:00 ET (17:00 GMT)
March 6-11, 2005 ? 62nd IETF Meeting in Minneapolis, MN

The theory would be (not making promises, but what we'd try):

- Before February 7, all goes as normal.
- On February 8, the provisional agenda shows ALL WGs and BOFs, except for
those that for some weird reason *have* to be scheduled at the last minute
- We spend Feb 8-14 in the usual flurry of "but you can't make a conflict
over this" messages and having WGs jump all over the week
- On Feb 15, the provisional agenda will have a sticker on it saying "THE
GROUPS CURRENTLY LISTED WILL ONLY BE MOVED IN CASE OF INTERNATIONAL CRISES"
or equivalent strong language
- We ALLOW scheduling of WGs and BOFs who request scheduling after February
7. But we do NOT move other groups around to make room for them - they are
"second class requests" when it comes to resolving conflicts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope we'll have a provisional agenda Real Soon Now. Get your rescheduling 
requests ready!

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:57:56 -0000

Gorry,

I was wondering the same.

The last message from the secretariat was

>Important Dates regarding WG/BOF Scheduling:
>February 7, Monday
>   - Working Group and BOF initial scheduling closes 17:00 ET (22:00 GMT)
>February 14, Monday
>   - Cutoff date for requests to reschedule Working Group and BOF
>      meetings 08:00 ET (13:00 GMT)
>February 21, Monday
>   - Final Working Group and BOF scheduling closes by 17:00 ET (22:00
>      GMT)
>February 28, Monday
>   - Working Group agendas due date by 12:00 ET (17:00 GMT)

So I guess we can expect something by the end of today.

Cheers,
Adrian

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:12:49 -0800

>over this" messages and having WGs jump all over the week

We are now at the 10th.

>or equivalent strong language

That is less than two working days away.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:28:35 -0500

I've already submitted a request to resched the dhc WG, which was slotted on
Mon even though I explicitly wrote in my original request (submitted
2005-01-19): "please schedule for Thu, 2005-03-10 as I have a conflict and
won't be able to get to Minneapolis until then."

- Ralph