Subject: Showing approved documents differently on a WG web page

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:29:59 +0000

Hi,
One of the working groups I am active in has a document that was 
approved for publication, but due to dependencies it wasn't published as 
an RFC. One year later the dependencies are still not done, however the 
document is still shown in the Internet-Drafts section on the WG webpage.
Is it possible to have a way to emphasize that a document is done and 
just waiting for publication?

Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:41:32 +0200

> just waiting for publication?

Probably, although I'm not sure if other stuff has higher
priority, like improvements in automated I-D submission or
approval processes.

I would find it useful to have an I-D tracker state
designation next to whereever drafts appear in official
IETF web, such as in search or WG pages.

--Jari

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:55:13 -0800

Jari,

>IETF web, such as in search or WG pages.

Or somewhat simpler, listing on the w.g. charter page three categories of 
documents:

         Working Group Internet Drafts
         IESG Approved Internet Drafts
         Request for Comments

In any case, I agree something like this would be nice to have.

Bob

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:10:05 +0200 (EET)

> In any case, I agree something like this would be nice to have.

Fortunately, the code already exists but is not used by the 
secretariat.  For example,

http://ietf.levkowetz.com/drafts/v6ops/

Thanks to Henrik for this very nice service!

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:33:50 +0100

> Thanks to Henrik for this very nice service!

Thanks, Pekka.

It just so happens that I started working yesterday on a revised
version of this service, which will provide it for all workgroups
and be available on tools.ietf.org .  I hope to have it up and
running before Minneapolis.  I'll send a note to the list when
it's ready for inspection and comments :-)

Till then, if you'd like your WG added at the current location
(under http://ietf.levkowetz.com/drafts/ ) just let me know - it's
easy to add groups there, but there is no mechanism currently that
automatically updates the list of WGs as they are established and
closed - this is part of the rewrite I'm doing for tools.ietf.org .

In parallel with this, two of the members of the tools team, Alex
Rousskov and Stas Shalunov, are working on two drafts related to
this (draft meta-information and supplementary information; and
a draft status notification service).

Any comments in on this subject in general, or on the web pages
(current or upcoming) will be appreciated. We will try to adjust
both web pages and drafts based on the feedback. 

(I'm Cc:ing the tools-discuss list to capture the comments above.)

	Henrik