Subject: REMINDER: Ongoing WG Chairs Training in Minneapolis

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:04:57 -0500

Just a reminder that RSVPs for the WG Chairs Lunch should be sent to 
[email-masked] by tomorrow (Friday, March 4th).  See below for 
details.

Hope to see you all in Minneapolis!

Margaret

---

Hi All,

In addition to the open tutorials on Sunday afternoon, the edu-team 
will be hosting a WG Chairs Training Lunch open to all WG and BOF 
chairs on Wednesday of IETF 63 in Minneapolis.  If you would like to 
attend, please RSVP to [email-masked] by this Friday, March 4th.

The agenda for this session is attached below.  It includes a 
presentation of the new Document Shepherding processes currently 
being rolled-out in the IETF, as well as a discussion of what IETF WG 
chairs need to know about IETF Liaisons and working with other 
standards bodies.

Lunch will be provided.

Hope to see you all there!
Margaret

Wednesday, March 9, 2005
1130-1300, Location TBD
WG Chairs Training Lunch
========================

WG Chair Document Shepherding (30 min)
Presenter:  Allison Mankin
Topic:
     In November, the IESG decided to roll out the WG Chair Document
     Shepherding process changes recommended by the PROTO Team
     IETF-wide.  What are these processes and how will they effect the
     role of the WG chair?  Chairs should prepare for this session by
     reading draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding-04.txt which can
     be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-doc-shepherding-04.txt

IETF Liaison Panel Discussion (40 min)
Panelists:  Fred Baker, Scott Bradner, Bernard Aboba, Leslie Daigle
Topic:
     What do WG Chairs need to know about liaisons and the IETF liaison
     process?  Should your group be coordinating with another standards
     body?  If so, what are the right (and wrong) ways to do that?

Lunch will be provided.