Subject: RE: New tool prototypes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:41:48 +0200

Hi Henrik,

I think that these are really useful pages and are they the way to go forward.
Thank you & the tool team for working on this.  

John

PS - I note that the normal WG pages and agenda page often are incorrect,
so I think we don't need to strive for perfection with these, as these
definately improve upon the existing format!

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of ext Henrik Levkowetz
> Sent: 04 March, 2005 14:09
> To: [email-masked]; WG Chairs
> Subject: New tool prototypes
> 
> 
> 
> Two prototypes of new tools for the IETF community are now 
> available from
> the Tools-team website, http://tools.ietf.org/ : 
> 
>     1. Workgroup agenda pages with embedded html links to all 
> drafts and URLs
>     referred to in the agendas: http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/62/
> 
>     2. Workgroup status pages showing the current status of the drafts
>     belonging to a workgroup: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/
> 
> There are links from the html-ized agenda page to both the 
> html-ized WG
> agendas and to the WG status pages, and links from the WG 
> status pages to the
> WG agendas.
> 
> As these are prototypes, they are not expected to be perfect 
> or complete,
> but they are expected to be useful to the community as-is, 
> and comments
> on functionality, missing features and bugs are welcome!
> 
> Comments will be taken as input to specification of 
> full-fledged versions
> of similar tools, and may also be fed back into the prototypes.
> 
> 
> 	Henrik
> 
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:28:54 +0100

> definately improve upon the existing format!

Thanks, John,

    And also thanks to all other who gave with feedback earlier.  Below
is the current status of the WG status pages, as I see it - including
bugs and features fixed after the pages were first announced to the
wgchairs list.  If you have comments on bugs or features which I haven't
included here, please let me know :-)

	Henrik

----

Bugs:

	- The pages currently display links to charter, mailing list
	  subscription web page and archives.  All these are generated
	  based on a template, which makes the mailing list information
	  plain wrong for WGs which don't have lists on the ietf.org
	  servers.						FIXED

	- The pages are not listing drafts according to the true
	  WG-draft state.  Needs rewrite of part of script, and new
	  scripts for meta-information.				FIXED

	- iesg and iab are erroneously listed as workgroups	FIXED

Planned Features:

	+ Import and display the names and email addresses of the WG
	  chairs 						FIXED

	+ Make ietf-62 agendas editable by the chairs. (Requires a
	  password which will be generated and sent to the chair's
	  email address on request.)				STARTED
	  (Code to send password to chairs is in place, but not the
	  editing part)

	+ As soon as there is an IETF-62 agenda page, produce a massaged
	  version of this which points to the agenda pages above and
	  otherwise fulfils Thomas' requirements for a one-stop-shopping
	  version of the IETF agenda, with html-links to drafts etc.
								FIXED

	+ Add a scan for drafts related to a workgroup based on the
	  filename (should contain -<wgname>- but not be a wg draft)
	  and add these to the WG pages as 'related individual drafts'

	+ Add prototype RSS feeds to the draft pages once specified
	  in Stas' draft

	+ Add more detailed information on the RFC Ed Queue state

	+ Add historic information for draft -- WG relationship

	+ Add better cross-links, feedback links and layout

Wg Chairs Requests:

	+ Import meeting minutes from earlier IETFs, and display them
	  in the same manner as the agenda pages

	+ Make the pages static, not script-generated, so that a
	  (shallow) snapshot can be take and used off-line

	+ Add ability for chairs to put a "WGLC" (Working Group Last
	  Call) flag on a draft

	+ Add links to liaison statements

	+ Better description of the individual draft states 
	  (Active, Expired, IESG Processing, etc.)

	+ Add the ability to add a link to supplemental WG pages

	+ Add rsync support