Subject: RE: Paris session timings -please comment

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:58:32 -0400

Brian,

This is an excellent idea.  And if we did not do this, we would need to make
costly special arrangements for food services.

I don't think the reduction in long slots is an issue since if groups really
need more time, they'll just ask for more slots like they currently do.  

Cheers,
Glenn.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Brian E Carpenter
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 5:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Paris session timings -please comment

As you may realise, getting lunch at 11:30 and dinner at 5:30 is essentially
impossible in Paris. So I would like to propose a different layout for the
sessions in Paris, which will match local meal times. Marcia has already
said she could work with this.

There will be a bit of a rush on Tuesday between the last session and the
social, and we are still planning to hold two plenaries in Paris, since
there seems to be enough material.

The Sunday and late evening sessions aren't shown.

Please comment... we need to move ahead on this ASAP.

     Brian

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:53:32 -0400

>>>>> "Glenn" == Glenn Parsons <[email-masked]> writes:

    Glenn> Brian, This is an excellent idea.  And if we did not do
    Glenn> this, we would need to make costly special arrangements for
    Glenn> food services.

    Glenn> I don't think the reduction in long slots is an issue since
    Glenn> if groups really need more time, they'll just ask for more
    Glenn> slots like they currently do.

Having more groups ask for two slots would be problematic; conflicts
are already bad enough.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:14:13 +0200

> Having more groups ask for two slots would be problematic; conflicts

That's true, which is why the first person I consulted was Marcia. As I
said, she thought it would work out. Note that we get some 1.5 hour slots,
which is new; as a chair, I've often found 1 hour too short and 2 hours
too long, so I think we will win as well as lose.

    Brian