Subject: spam in mailing lists...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:27:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know what the status is of the "spam in
the archives."

What is happening is that the archive lists have been exposed somehow
and are being spammed directly without going through the mailman
interface.  This is a result of the current mail infrastructure.

Right now we are in the middle of re-organizing the entire mail
system.  The next step is removing the exposure of archive mailing
lists.  I have to finish up a couple more tests then I can complete
this part.  This should happen in the next week.  After that we can
clean the text archives and look to cleaning the web archives.  At
that point I will probably need some more input from you all (should
the web archive be regenerated from the cleaned text archives or each
message clean individually, etc).

If you have any questions please feel free to email them directly to
me, since I am not on this list.

sb.  Scott Blomquist for [email-masked]

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:08:53 -0400

Thanks Scott, this is an excellent news.

JP.