Subject: IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:22:16 -0400

Dear IETF Working Group Chairs:

The IETF Secretariat is pleased to announce the deployment of the "IETF Meeting
Materials Management Tool."  This Web-based tool will allow you to make your 
meeting materials...including agendas, presentation slides, and 
minutes...available to the community before, during, and after an IETF meeting 
(as appropriate), and to submit them to the Secretariat for inclusion in the 
IETF meeting proceedings.  Starting with IETF 64, you will have access to the 
tool for a given IETF meeting from the date that working group and BoF session 
scheduling begins until the deadline for submitting corrections to the 
proceedings.

The URL for the tool is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_proceedings.cgi

Additional information about the tool is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/instructions/meeting_materials_tool.html

You will need a user name and password to access the site, and we will send you 
your login information in a separate email.

When you log in, you will be presented with a user's main page that lists the 
working groups and *approved* BoFs that you chair *and* that are scheduled to 
meet at IETF 64.  (If you are a member of the testing team, then you will be 
prompted to select the meeting for which you wish to upload materials...IETF 63 
or IETF 64.)  For each working group or BOF session, you can do the following 
via the tool:

- Upload, replace, or delete the session agenda and minutes.
- Upload, replace, or delete multiple presentations.
- Order the presentations in the proper sequence for the agenda or for 
publication in the proceedings.

Before and during your sessions, you can upload your agendas and presentation 
slides, and replace them with revised versions as often as you wish.  After 
your sessions, you can upload the final versions of these materials as well as 
your minutes.

All uploaded materials will be available to the public on the "IETF Meeting 
Materials" Web page as soon as they are submitted.  Therefore, they can be 
viewed and downloaded during the audio-cast of your sessions.  The URL for the 
"IETF 64 Meeting Materials" Web page is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=64

The tool will accept and post materials in the following formats:

- agendas and minutes: text and html
- presentation slides: text, pdf, ppt, and doc

However, when they are incorporated into the proceedings, minutes will be 
embedded in a Web page, and presentation slides submitted in ppt or doc will be 
converted to html and pdf, respectively.

We hope that you will find this tool to be an effective vehicle for sharing 
your meeting materials with the community, and a convenient alternative to 
e-mail for submitting them to the Secretariat.  If you require assistance in 
using the tool, or wish to report a bug, then please send a message to 
[email-masked].

Regards,

The IETF Secretariat.