Subject: Travel grants for contributors?

From: Ted Faber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:44:43 -0700

Hi.

A question came up in a discussion I was having about contributors who
don't have the money to attend an IETF.  We've got a fellow who's very
active in tcpm who can't often make it to IETF for reasons we
hypothesize are financial.  I suspect that there are others in the IETF
in the same boat - good ideas to contribute but not enough resources to
get in on the hallway networking and make presentations that help move
their ideas forward.

Are there any resources to assist these people in getting to an IETF
meeting?  Travel grants or some such thing?  Are there strategies
outside the IETF proper that people have found useful in addressing this
problem?

Thanks.

-- 
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc
Unexpected attachment on this mail? See http://www.isi.edu/~faber/FAQ.html#SIG

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 06:52:08 +0430

this would be something ISOC could look at. Our current priorities  
include getting the BCP 101 mess straightened out and on a solid  
footing and a number of other projects that relate to our other foci.  
But if the IETF were to make a concrete suggestion, we could at least  
talk about it. Such things have been done in the past, such as the  
research behind the RFC on issues in various protocols in converting  
them to IPv6 support.