Subject: Delay of Agenda file being posted on the Web page issue

From: Michael Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:30:47 -0400

Dear IETF WG and BOF chairs:

Recently, I have received several complaining about delaying of agenda 
file getting displayed in the Web page after they uploaded the agendas 
using the MMM tool.
Apparently, the agendas will be available to the public *immediately* 
via the Web page, 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=64, 
that is maintained by the Secretariat.

If you are looking other Web pages, like one with tools.ietf.org, we 
cannot make your agendas appeared on those sites immediately since those 
Web sites are not maintained by the Secretariat.

Regards,
Michael Lee,
IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:47:36 +0200

> Web sites are not maintained by the Secretariat.

Quite right.  Agendas on tools.ietf.org are currently updated every 60
minutes from http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05nov/agenda/, which is
where they are placed after upload.

Since there seems to be a demand for faster update of the agendas on
the tools.ietf.org site, I'll increase the poll frequency to every 5 minutes.

	Henrik

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:50:23 -0700

> where they are placed after upload.

	Ok, that makes some sense, as O(60 minutes) is about what
	I observed.

> the tools.ietf.org site, I'll increase the poll frequency to every 5 minutes.

	Thanks,

	Dave