Subject: WG-pages v0.60

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:12:52 +0200

Hi,

This is the formal release announcement of version 0.60 of the WG pages
available under

    http://tools.ietf.org/wg/

The changes contained in this version have been put in place gradually
since IETF-63, but an announcement seems appropriate to point out the
changes and improvements which are now in place.  From the changelog:

wg-pages (0.60)

 * Added WG Agendas back to IETF-59 (earlier agendas are not easily available
   without manual handling).

 * Added WG Minutes back to IETF-50.  Minutes which weren't natively in
   HTML format, but had some HTML added later, have been stripped to text
   format and run through fmt. 

 * Agendas and minutes will now be automatically updated also during coming
   IETFs, requiring no manual intervention.

 * Added a list of 'related drafts' at the bottom of the WG drafts page,
   based on the drafts being named with -<wg>- in the name.

 * Added updating of closed WGs.  Closed WGs will remain available with no
   change of URL, but will not be listed in the WG list on the left-hand
   side of the status pages.

 * Added pages for ietf and iab, under /group/iab and /group/ietf.

 * Added listing of published RFCs on the draft pages, with diff against
   the last draft version.

 * Added version indication on the WG status pages, with a link to tool
   information.

Feedback on these features, and suggestions for new ones, are always
welcome.

	Henrik

---

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:00:37 -0700

Henrik,

Thanks to the Tools Team and you.

I want to commend this release, and add a note to its
to its features.  You list adding the published RFCs to
each working group page, but you didn't mention something
really neat.  Fetch the html-ized RFC and one finds that
it contains a link to its errata!  This is such a good idea,
since of course the real worry is that errata won't be 
consulted by the RFC readers.

I just stumbled on this in RFC 4114 through the ENUM WG
page - tools.ietf.org/wg/enum

Perhaps as the site plans evolve, we'll see an 
area with the wg RFCs all together in this form, to
complement this.

Allison

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:20:55 +0200

Hi Allison,

Thank you.

Yes, there's an RFC index page planned, which links to this presentation
of the RFCs.  That RFC index page will have 2 or 3 different alternative
formats, one being similar to the index page maintained by the RFC
Editor, another being based on the compact index page put together by
Simon Leinen (http://mirror.switch.ch/rfc/mini-index.html) -- he's
already contributed the code, I just have to get it up there...

One additional feature of these html-ized RFCs which you may not have
come across yet is that in addition to showing a link to errata, it
will also show if the RFC has been obsoleted or updated by a later
one - another thing I've been missing when looking up RFCs.  An example:

Our dear 2026 has been updated by a number of RFCs, in addition to
having errata, and if you follow the link to 3667, you'll see that
it, in its turn, has been obsoleted by 3978:

  http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcmarkup/rfcmarkup.cgi?rfc=2026

I'll have the RFC indexes up pretty soon, but probably not before
Vancouver - I'm scrambling to get some other stuff in place by then.

	Henrik