Subject: please add [email-masked] to your wg whitelist

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:45:34 -0700

We get a surprising about of bounces and filter messages from wg mailman 
lists.  Working groups can miss out on the announcement of an RFC 
publication this way.

--aaron (for the RFC Editor)

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:15:50 -0700

> lists.  Working groups can miss out on the announcement of an RFC

Just to be clear: *don't* add the RFC Editor to the subscription list for 
your working group.  I'm sure you are doing fascinating things but we get 
enough email as it is, thank you. :)  Just put the RFC Editor email address 
into the mailman configuration page "Privacy Options:Sender Filters:List of 
non-member addresses whose postings should be automatically accepted".

Many thanks,

--aaron

---

From: Tony Tauber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 07:20:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Aaron Falk wrote:

>> We get a surprising about of bounces and filter messages from wg
>> mailman lists.  Working groups can miss out on the announcement of
>> an RFC publication this way.
>

For ietf-hosted lists, the URL would seem to be:

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/admin/<wg-name>/privacy/sender

and look for the field Aaron mentions.

Tony