Subject: Anti-spam ?

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:33:15 -0500

Hi,

I think that there was a project to improve anti-spam on WG ML ...  
any news on this front ? Since the number of observed spams keeps  
increasing and manual deletion is time consuming ...

Thanks.

JP.

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:17:26 -0800 (PST)

Wasn't anti-spam technology to be included in the Secretariat Statement of 
Work??

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, JP Vasseur wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I think that there was a project to improve anti-spam on WG ML ... any news on
> this front ? Since the number of observed spams keeps increasing and manual
> deletion is time consuming ...
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> JP.
>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:11:37 +0100

> Wasn't anti-spam technology to be included in the Secretariat Statement of 

Yes, but that was the easy part... the actual work still has to be done.

JP, do you specifically mean spam that gets caught by mailman and has
to be discarded by hand?

The question is, unfortunately, what additional pain is the community
asked to bear to help with this? I doubt that there is any solution
without inconvenience.

As a mailman list admin myself, believe me that I'm motivated to
solve this.

    Brian

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:26:59 -0500

On Jan 12, 2006, at 6:11 AM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Bernard Aboba wrote:
>> Wasn't anti-spam technology to be included in the Secretariat  
>> Statement of Work??
>

Sorry if I wasn't clear ... I was referring to the spam "not caught:  
that have to be manually removed ... something like 30-40 a week.

> As a mailman list admin myself, believe me that I'm motivated to

Yes I guess that the issue is to find some hands helping out there ...

Thanks.

JP.