Subject: RE: participation sans meeting attendance (was RE: Alternative formats for IDs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:42:15 +0200

George,

>Given budget, its worth considering as an activity. Given 
>competition for budget, I'm not sure I'd make this the lead spend.

Well, even if we had the budget, I'm not sure if it would still
be worth it.  I think that there are more critical issues to solve.
Improving remote participation is a good thing, but we are supposed
to do our work on the mailing list.  Meetings are useful for motivating
folks to progress work, and serve as a place to discuss open issues,
but everything still needs to be agreed to on the mailing lists ...

John

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 04:30:11 -0800

> but everything still needs to be agreed to on the mailing lists ...

I agree with you, but there are some simple things that don't cost money.
If the jabber scribe or speaker would simply say "next slide" or "I'm on 
slide 10 now"
as they present their slideware, this would really help remote listeners 
follow along.

> John

Andy