Subject: RE: participation sans meeting attendance (was RE: Alternative formats for IDs)

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:08:06 +0200

> -----Original Message-----

> 
> I agree with you, but there are some simple things that don't 
> cost money.
> If the jabber scribe or speaker would simply say "next slide" 
> or "I'm on slide 10 now"
> as they present their slideware, this would really help 
> remote listeners follow along.
> 

Having the slides posted prior to the meeting is another simple but
incredibly important thing to do for people attending remotely an IETF
session, or any other type of meeting. 

Regards,

Dan

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:16:05 +0000

> session, or any other type of meeting. 

Very true - even if the slides are NOT the final version submitted to 
the proceedings :-)

Some WG's also need to make a little more effort towards ensuring 
AGENDAs are posted to the WEB, at least a few days before meetings, 
especially for remote participants who may need more preparation on the 
topics being raised.... !

Gorry