Subject: RE: participation sans meeting attendance (was RE: Alternative formats for IDs)

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:39:56 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> 
> 1) materials hard to track down
>     Hunting around WEB sites, scanning email archives,
>     contacting WG Chairs directly -- this is too much trouble
>     for most people to bother with.
>     (I hope this is a solved problem now with the submissions tool.)
> 

I believe that this is a problem that can be solved to a large extent,
if we create a space for each WG to post presentations and agendas. WG
chairs could be asked to act as gatekeepers of the respective WG pages,
and post all presentations PRIOR to the meetings even if these are in a
preliminary form that would be updated for the final procedures.

Regards,

Dan

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:47:16 -0500

> preliminary form that would be updated for the final procedures.

That space exists, in the form of the new meeting materials tool, which is 
available to chairs starting well in advance of the meeting, and provides 
access to posted materials to participants during the meeting.  We would do 
well to make meeting participants (local and remote) more aware of its 
existence.

-- Jeff

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:43:56 +0100

on 2006-01-31 21:47 Jeffrey Hutzelman said the following:
...
> well to make meeting participants (local and remote) more aware of its 

Quite right.

And agendas uploaded to the meeting materials tool will be linked in to the
WG pages under http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ , and meeting materials uploaded
will be linked in to the agendas.  So we're getting closer to
one-stop-shopping provided we as chairs make an effort to gather and
upload both agendas and meeting materials in time before the WG meeting.

	Henrik