Subject: Mailing list management - personal Mailman settings reverting to default

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 02:38:15 +0100

Gnaagh.

Just having received a few responses to postings to the wgchairs list, I
noticed that I did not receive a copy from the list, only a copy coming
to me directly from the respondent.

Investigating my personal Mailman settings for this list, I discovered
that the setting for "Avoid duplicate copies of messages" _again_ has
reverted to the default "Yes" from the "No" setting which I've set it to
at least once - I believe twice - before.

How and why is this happening?  I know this has been asked before, but
even if it may have been resolved before, it has not stayed resolved.

Are the personal settings for all the mailman lists at ietf.org reverting
to default every time I subscribe to a new list hosted at ietf.org??

Or have the lists been moved to new servers, without the personal settings
being moved over with the subscription??

Or do the setting revert to default every time a minor Mailman upgrade is
done??

Or ... ?

If this happens unavoidably on upgrades, for instance, I'd prefer to be
alerted when an upgrade has been done, so I can go in and fix the settings
the way I want them - the same goes if it is caused by moving to new servers.

Of course, I'd prefer not having settings revert to default at all  ;-)

	Henrik