Subject: RE: suggestion for the scheduling tool

From: "Fuller, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:05:19 -0500

Hi Dave:

Our original design used free-form text entry to specify conflicts.
However, we changed the approach to forced-entry using drop-down lists
based on the feedback that we received from the working group chairs who
tested the tool.

We understand that the IAD is planning to implement a system change
process that will include procedures for requesting modifications or
enhancements to existing Secretariat tools, and for evaluating and
prioritizing these requests.  We also understand that this new process
will be in place very soon, and that it will apply to all requests for
system changes.  Your input is important to us, and we hope that you
will submit your comments and suggestions through the "official"
channels once they are available.

Best Regards,

Barbara
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
David Meyer
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 2:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: suggestion for the scheduling tool

	Folks,

	I really like the new tools, but the pull down on the
	scheduling tool for conflicts is really cumbersome. I'd
	like to be able to just type the in the conflicts I'd
	like to avoid. Is there any reason that the tool does not
	permit this?

	Thanks,

	Dave