Subject: Re: WG Chairs page update request

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:07:26 +0700 (GMT+07:00)

Hi -

>From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Feb 5, 2006 9:45 PM
>To: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
>Cc: 'Working Group Chairs' <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: WG Chairs page update request
...
>Agreed -- but the problem doesn't have to be that hard.
>IMO, this could be as simple as archiving the ASCII version
>of each charter page in CVS.
>
>It would be sufficient to be able to view older versions of a charter,
>or compare 2 versions.  CVS does way more than that of course.
>A custom WEB wrapper around CVS would require most of the effort.
>It's possible the id-nits WEB checker page could be adapted for this 
>purpose.
...

Why not use webdav / deltav?

Randy

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 23:28:55 -0800

Hi,

Could a link be added to each working group charter that points to  
the appropriate tools page.  For example, for the IPv6 w.g. a link to:

   http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ipv6/

This would make it very easy for anyone interested in the status of a  
w.g. to find the latest information.

Bob

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 05:57:27 -0800

> Why not use webdav / deltav?

I guess we tend to use we we already know how to use ;-)

It doesn't matter how it's implemented.
A simple directory of  ../charters/wgname-date.html would be fine.

> Randy

Andy

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:41:08 -0800

>A simple directory of  ../charters/wgname-date.html would be fine.

Yes, please. It is unnecessary to add a protocol such as CVS or 
WebDAV to the archiving function. Simply storing the file with a 
changed name that reflects either the first date or the last date on 
which the file was "current" is sufficient (and trivial to implement).

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:02:16 +0100

> which the file was "current" is sufficient (and trivial to implement).

While true for the isolated case, I believe it would be valuable to
have a common subversion (oops webdav) repository for IETF work where
things related to WGs (charters, WG document sources) could have a
versioned home.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:56:55 -0800

I have such a server -- ietf.webdav.org. Unfortunately the WebDAV  
protocol access is broken right now! Within the next month, we hope  
to find it a new home then fix the WebDAV access.

For now, the server has a WebUI so all the data is still available.

lisa

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:26:07 +0100

I've asked for this to go on the wish list

Bob Hinden wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Could a link be added to each working group charter that points to  the 
> appropriate tools page.  For example, for the IPv6 w.g. a link to:
>

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:07:18 +0200

Bob,

> I've asked for this to go on the wish list

Thanks!  It should be easy to implement.

Bob

>
> Bob Hinden wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Could a link be added to each working group charter that points  
>> to  the appropriate tools page.  For example, for the IPv6 w.g. a  
>> link to:
>> This would make it very easy for anyone interested in the status  
>> of a  w.g. to find the latest information.
>> Bob
>
>