Subject: RE: Steps to take to remove posting rights

From: "Oscar Novo \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:27:29 +0200

Hello,

Let me introduce myself, I am Oscar Novo, the administrator of the SIPPING WG. As Gonzalo´s said I sent personally two or three emails regarding to her behaviour during the last months. She didn't reply even to one of my emails. Later, Gonzalo and Dean (at that time the chair of SIPPING) warned her and still she didn't reply to their e-mails either. 

She is disturbing people in the SIPPING WG with her e-mails and we have been quiet polite with her. I think to cut the rights of this person in the mailing list (apply RFC 3934) is the right option at the moment. If one day this person has any regrets about her behaviour and answers to our e-mails we could allow her to join again the mailing list.

Regards,

Oscar

-----Original Message-----
From: Gonzalo Camarillo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 7. huhtikuuta 2006 14:06
To: Thierry Ernst
Cc: [email-masked]; Brian E Carpenter; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Steps to take to remove posting rights

Hi,

> Probably someone needs to fax her that her behavior on the MLs doesn't 
> correspond to the IETF etiquette.

I already sent her several emails during the last few months... she did not even reply to them.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:01:30 -0400

> She is disturbing people in the SIPPING WG with her e-mails and we have been quiet polite with her. I think to cut the rights of this person in the mailing list (apply RFC 3934) is the right option…

Right.  The IESG discussed upperside.fr two years ago, with at least
four ADs complaining about them.  At least two ADs, myself included,
had sent repeated warnings to them.  I finally (with the consent of the
relevant AD) barred them from the mailng lists of two WGs I chaired,
SPIRITS and PINT.

They know exactly what they're doing, they know that it's against IETF
rules, and they don't care; they keep repeating the same behavior and
never replying to requests to stop.  I don't think there's any policy
that lets us bar an entire domain; if there were, this would be a case
where I'd happily vote to apply it.

Btw -- for fun, Google for 

	site:ietf.org upperside.fr

		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb