Subject: RE: Problems Getting Drafts Posted?

From: "Fuller, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:44:45 -0400

Hi Dean:

I just want to clarify some points of procedure.  When the Secretariat
receives a version -00 WG draft for posting, the Internet-Drafts
Administrator checks to see if the Secretariat has received prior
approval from one of the WG chairs to post the draft.  If the
Secretariat has not received approval to post the draft, then the
Internet-Drafts Administrator sends a message to the submitter reminding
him or her that WG chair approval is required.

As suggested in Section 7, "Naming and Submitting," of the "Guidelines
to Authors of Internet Drafts"
(http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.html), submitters of version
-00 WG drafts normally copy the applicable WG chairs on their
transmittal messages.  Since the Internet-Drafts Administrator sends the
approval reminders by hitting the "reply all" button on the transmittal
messages, the WG chairs are normally copied on the reminders as well.
However, the Internet-Drafts Administrator does not *add* the WG chairs
to the Cc fields of the reminder messages, nor has she done so routinely
in the past.

Please be assured that the Secretariat has changed neither its
procedures nor its staff ;-)

Best Regards,

Barbara
-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Willis [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:57 PM
To: James Kempf
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Problems Getting Drafts Posted?

On Apr 26, 2006, at 11:54 AM, James Kempf wrote:

> Is anyone else having problems with the Secretariat in getting  
> drafts posted? I've sent a couple of updated WG drafts to them 3  
> times over the last month, and all I got was an automated response  
> saying I should post them again.
>
> Also, the editor of an individual draft that is becoming a WG draft  
> sent it and requested that it be posted, and it was not. I sent  
> approval as WG chair but we didn't receive any request for AD  
> approval or anything, and the draft has not been posted or appeared  
> on the WG Web page.
>
>            jak
>
>

I had one where the i-d-alias kicked back a message to the poster  
saying "get chair approval" but did not include the chair. The poster  
copied me, I replied including i-d-alias and adding an approval, and  
the draft was posted within 24 hours.

But this is a change from long-standing behavior, where the original  
i-d-alias response would have included the chairs. Looks like we have  
new people in the role.

--
Dean

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:07:03 -0500

> procedures nor its staff ;-)

My mistake. Perhaps Dinara was simply being nice to me and I got  
spoiled. Or perhaps she had become accustomed to people forgetting to  
CC the SIP chair, it being a rather busy working group, and was just  
doing what it took to make things work smoothly.

In any case, we appreciate the service, and will now resume our  
regularly scheduled whining.

--
Dean