Subject: 66th IETF - Preliminary Agenda

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:35:31 -0400

66th IETF Meeting
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
July 9-14, 2006
Hosted by Ericsson  http://www.ericsson.com

The preliminary agenda is now available at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-66.html

This preliminary agenda is subject to change.  The final agenda will be
available on Monday, June 19.

Tutorial Change: The "Introduction to Working Group Leadership" tutorial on
Sunday has been replaced with "What MIB Document Editors Need to Know". A
description of this MIB tutorial can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/Sunday_Sessions.html

Less than 30 days until IETF 66 in Montreal.  Register at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-66.html

---

From: Tony Tauber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, IETF Secretariat wrote:

> This preliminary agenda is subject to change.  The final agenda will
> be available on Monday, June 19.

I haven't seen the usual note indicating that the Agenda is now Final
and it's not marked as such on the web site (which it usually is).

What gives?

Thanks,

Tony

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:12:19 -0400

> and it's not marked as such on the web site (which it usually is).

It's also usually not actually final until a few days later than claimed. 
Scheduling an IETF meeting is a difficult task, and while the people who 
make up the schedule are pretty good at doing it, whoever sets the timeline 
is not so good at predicting how long it will take.

In part, I suspect that's because no matter what deadline is published, 
people will keep sending change requests right up until the moment the 
final schedule is supposed to be published, and then some.

-- Jeff

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:57:24 +0200

Hi,

Usually, tons of people have conflicts, this time almost none or they
forgot about saying so, wouldn't that mean that the agenda is in pretty
good shape then ? (i.e. that we have finally succeeded in scheduling
everything sufficiently ahead of time) If so, could we just say that the
agenda is can be considered final ?

Thierry

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:12:19 -0400

-- 
Thierry ERNST, PhD
INRIA Rocquencourt Project-Team IMARA
+33 1 39 63 59 30 (office)

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:21:54 +0200

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> It's also usually not actually final until a few days later than 
> claimed. Scheduling an IETF meeting is a difficult task, and while the 
> people who make up the schedule are pretty good at doing it, whoever 
> sets the timeline is not so good at predicting how long it will take.
> 

Correct. There are still some unresolved requests for changes due
to serious clashes. As the web site says, "We start Monday morning
and run through Friday lunchtime, with late scheduling changes."

     Brian

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:48:51 -0400

>>>>> "Thierry" == Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]> writes:

    Thierry> Hi,

    Thierry> Usually, tons of people have conflicts, this time almost
    Thierry> none or they forgot about saying so, wouldn't that mean
    Thierry> that the agenda is in pretty good shape then ? (i.e. that
    Thierry> we have finally succeeded in scheduling everything
    Thierry> sufficiently ahead of time) If so, could we just say that
    Thierry> the agenda is can be considered final ?

No, there are still significant unresolved conflicts.  Some were sent
only to [email-masked]; some were in fact sent here.