Subject: WG Chairs' Beer Evening

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:29:07 -0400

For the first time ever, I'm in a bind regarding the selection of a
good beer place.

I've found what may be the best micro-brewery in Montréal -- but they
don't have a kitchen, so we'd have to eat somewhere else first.
(Le Cheval Blanc)

I've found a place which also has pretty good beers, and a kitchen --
but they can only accommodate us on the third floor of the place, where
they only have the 4 most bland beers, and none of the good stuff ...
(L'Amère à Boire)

There's a place with good food and room for us, pretty close to the Delta
and the Palais de Congrès -- but the beer is nondescript and the music
*way* too loud. (3 Brasseurs)

There's a small micro which sounds good, but turns out to have a wide
selection of unremarkable beers, and smells like it hasn't been cleaned
for weeks (Brutopia).

Finally, there's a place which is wonderfully accessible; it's in the
Palais de Congrès itself, but the opening hours are highly irregular,
and the beers, although acceptable, are not micro-quality, and almost
all are in the 8% - 9% alcohol range.  The present information seems to
indicate that opening hours on Wednesdays are 11:30-16:00.
(Fourquet Fourchette, Unibrou).

If you have clear preference between the above, please let me know
before 14:00 tomorrow (Monday).  If you have a brilliant alternative,
let me know too.  If there's no clear indication from the list, I'll
call several of the places above and see what can be worked out, and
let you know tomorrow evening.  But I'd prefer a place without the
individual problems described above.

Comments, ideas?

	Henrik

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:42:19 -0400

> *way* too loud. (3 Brasseurs)

I was at 3 Brasseurs for both World Cup matches.  The food is good and
the beer while certainly not the best in the world is good enough.  They
also have a very decent sangria.

3 Brasseurs would be a fine compromise.

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:04:21 -0400

One to consider is Chez Plume, behind the InterContinental (basically  
around the corner from the Palais). I was there for the match Sunday.  
It has a number of beers and wines, and a kitchen. I can't describe  
myself as a connoisseur of microbreweries, but it was a nice clean  
bar and the beer I drank (named something along the lines of "R----  
Red") was reasonably good.

---

From: "Stefan Santesson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:04:50 +0100

Sounds good enough for me.

Stefan Santesson
Senior Program Manager
Windows Security, Standards

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: den 10 juli 2006 05:42
To: Henrik Levkowetz
Cc: WG Chairs
Subject: Re: WG Chairs' Beer Evening

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:32:34 -0400

Hi Fred,

> Red") was reasonably good.

Thanks.  I'll check it out in the lunch break.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:34:33 -0400

Hi Stefan and Jeffrey,

Yes, we may wind up there.  I'm going to talk with the people at
the Fourquet Fourchette about opening up for us Wednesday, though,
and check out Fred's tip first.

Thanks,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:22:10 -0400

Ok, so here it is:

We'll be going to the "Fourquet Fourchette" which is in the building
of the Palais de Congrès itself, in the south corner of the building.
(The corner closest to the InterContinental and the Delta).

It's not a microbrewery, but they have a good variety of decent beers,
good food, and it's definitely within walking distance :-)

For more information about the place, you can check out the web pages:
http://www.fourquet-fourchette.com/eng/mtl/fourquet.html

They are ready to receive us shortly after 19:30, and will stay open
as long as we're staying, they told me.  We'll be given a room of our
own, so please either mention "Henrik" or "IETF Chairs' Beer Evening"
when you get there.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:02:09 -0400

Just to be very clear about the time - it's 19:30 this Wednesday, right
after the Wednesday Plenary.

	Henrik