Subject: 67th IETF - DRAFT Meeting Agenda

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:03:30 -0400

The DRAFT agenda for the 67th IETF Meeting can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/67-agenda.txt

Please send comments to [email-masked]

Upcoming Cutoff Dates:
October 11, Wednesday - Cutoff date for requests to reschedule Working
Group and BOF meetings 09:00 ET (13:00 UTC/GMT)
October 16, Monday - Final agenda to be published.

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:25:53 -0700

I see that TLS is double-booked against SIP which is a bit of a problem
for me personally because I'm both TLS chair and RAI Security Area
Advisor. This isn't a show-stopper but I would propose swapping
TLS (Fri 9:00) with PKIX (Wed 1:00). We could also swap with
EMU (Mon 1:00) or the two BTNS slots on Mon.

Best,
-Ekr

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:36:02 -0400

>EMU (Mon 1:00) or the two BTNS slots on Mon.

Eric,

I agree that we should try to avoid the SIP/TLS conflict, but I 
always request no Friday sessions for PKIX, and I get my request in 
very early :-). My reasoning is that I think it unfair to make folks 
stay for a mtg that may cause return flight problems.  This is 
certainly true for East coast folks in the context of this West coast 
meeting. Thus I am not amendable to swapping with TLS.

Steve

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 17:56:08 -0400

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Kent <[email-masked]> writes:

    Stephen> At 9:25 AM -0700 10/2/06, Eric Rescorla wrote:
    >> I see that TLS is double-booked against SIP which is a bit of a
    >> problem for me personally because I'm both TLS chair and RAI
    >> Security Area Advisor. This isn't a show-stopper but I would
    >> propose swapping TLS (Fri 9:00) with PKIX (Wed 1:00). We could
    >> also swap with EMU (Mon 1:00) or the two BTNS slots on Mon.
    >> 
    >> Best, -Ekr

    Stephen> Eric,

    Stephen> I agree that we should try to avoid the SIP/TLS conflict,
    Stephen> but I always request no Friday sessions for PKIX, and I
    Stephen> get my request in very early :-). My reasoning is that I
    Stephen> think it unfair to make folks stay for a mtg that may
    Stephen> cause return flight problems.  This is certainly true for
    Stephen> East coast folks in the context of this West coast
    Stephen> meeting. Thus I am not amendable to swapping with TLS.

Quoting the IETf 67 meeting web page:

   IETF Meetings start Monday morning and run through Friday lunchtime,
   with late scheduling changes. Newcomers' training and technical
   tutorials take place on the previous Sunday afternoon. Participants
   should plan their travel accordingly.

I think it fine for you to request that your meeting not be scheduled
on Friday.  I think it is reasonable for the secretariat to grant that
request provided that it does not create an issue for others.  However
when flight preferences of a small minority attending the pkix meeting
gets in the way of reducing conflicts.

I do hope that we can accomodate both your desires and Eric's, but if
we have to pick, I think it clear that we should pick based on
minimizing conflicts within the IETF.