Subject: 67th IETF - Hotels

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:50:59 -0400

San Diego is approaching fast!

One problem with the upcoming event in San Diego is that the city will be
under siege of a citywide convention.  This means hotel rooms are very
scarce and immediate action should be taken:

It is strongly suggested that you book your rooms now.  Here are some
suggestions to help you with your accommodations:

1.  Keep checking with the main hotels (Sheraton and Hilton).  While
the IETF block is technically full, the hotels may still be taking
reservations.  Also it is typical for some rooms to be cancelled resulting
in additional openings.  Given the island setting of this venue, it would
be best to be on the island.

2.  Overflow hotels have been arranged and are within five miles (15
minutes by cab).  All have agreed to favorable rates especially given the
high demand for the rooms.  Information on two additional hotels has been
added to the IETF website: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/67-hotels.html. We
will continue to update the site as more hotel rooms are secured.

3.  Travelocity, Expedia and Orbits all show rooms that are available.

Please act now, as rooms will become harder to get and a lot more
expensive as we approach the meeting.  Also for those of you who have not
attended this event in San Diego in the past, our main venue is on an
island so the longer you wait the farther away you will be.

REMINDER: Early-Bird registration cut-off is Friday, October 27, 2006. 
You can register for the IETF Meeting at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/67-IETF.html