Subject: RE: wg rechartering

From: "Menachem Dodge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 09:30:17 +0200

Mike,
 
    As the meeting is this week, I would suggest that you raise the
re-charter issue and 
present the text of the new charter and the milestones at the wg
meeting. In any case the list 
has to be notified of any decisions at the meeting.
 
    There needs to be some support either at the meeting or from the
list for the re-charter. You need 
to present the new charter and milestones on the list but set a deadline
for comments, objections or corrections. When the deadline is up, send a
formal request to your AD with your new charter and milestones attached
and ask for IESG approval.
 
    Hope this helps.
 
Best Regards,
Menachem Dodge (Adslmib)

________________________________

From: Michael McBride (mmcbride) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 6:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: wg rechartering

Looking for advice on how to successfully recharter (which the wg agrees
needs to be done). Our wg is in the process of rechartering and we have
proposed some new text for the wg to consider for the new charter. Is it
advisable (even required?) to spend time, during the wg meeting,
discussing what should be included in the new charter or should we just
take it to the list (which we've done with little feedback)? Just
looking for some practical rechartering experience as I've never done
this before.
 
thanks,
mike (pimwg)

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:44:44 +0100

I would also advise a preliminary discussion with your
AD. It's the AD that has to advocate a changed charter
in the IESG, so s/he needs to be convinced that the changes
are valuable.

    Brian