Subject: Update: Beer Evening & RSVP request

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:45:33 -0800

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who responded to the RSVP request.  It helped me a
great deal in estimating how much beer we should order.  I've now
registered 55 RSVP responses, more than I estimated from the responses
received up to yesterday's evening, but still within the margins I
have calculated with.

If there are people who haven't responded yet, but plan to come, it's
OK to send a response also now and later -- it will still help the
hotel and restaurant staff prepare properly for the evening, and if
we in the end drink the barrels dry, we have the option of falling
back on bottled beer :-)

I'd mentioned getting beer from Stone, AleSmith and Pizza Port breweries.
In the end, it turned out that not a single beer from Pizza Port was
available on 5-gallon kegs, so I've had to go with 2 different beers from
Stone, and 2 different beers from AleSmith -- 4 kegs in all.

Some people like a lot of hops, other like the more malty brews - there
will be one IPA and one other Ale; one bitter and one stout.  The bitter
and the stout are on the maltier side, while the IPA and other ale are
quite hoppy -- I hope everyone will find something that they will find
pleasing.

The restaurant chef will prepare a food menu with alternatives that will
be reasonably fast to prepare, in order to handle the sudden influx of
more than 50 hungry IETFers :-)

See you after the plenary!

	Henrik