Subject: For the Net - the Audio!

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:09:31 -0800

Hi, fellow WG Chairs,

Many of the speakers are not using the mic effectively and 
they are inaudible in the mp3 - there is a stream, there are
words, but they are very faint.

Could you monitor your chat rooms and get speakers to do better
for us remote participants?  Joel Jaeggli  says they need to be
3 inches from the mic and enunciating clearly.  

Good and loud like Scott Bradner seems to help too - hi, Scott - but
follow Joel's guidance!

Allison

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:24:24 -0800

> Good and loud like Scott Bradner seems to help too - hi, Scott - but

I'm not sure the problem is with the use of the mics.  In the spkm
meeting we are using the mics properly and are monitoring the use
audio streams.  the audio stream volume is extremely low and the
mic gain is as high as we can make it in the room without feedback.

I think the audio volume provided as input to the stream generator
is the problem.  At least in Grand B.

Jeffrey Altman