Subject: ID Checklist Reminder

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:00:01 -0500

Dear Working Group Chairs:

In the course of your efforts, you will likely be submitting 
Internet-Drafts to the IESG for consideration as RFCs.  Please note 
that all Internet-Drafts offered for publication as RFCs must conform 
to the requirements specified in the ID-Checklist 
(http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html), or they will be returned to 
the author(s) for revision.  Therefore, the IETF Secretariat strongly 
recommends that you address all of the issues raised in this document 
before submitting a request to publish an Internet-Draft to the IESG.  
The content issues should be addressed early on in the work since they 
are integral to the technical makeup of the Internet-Draft.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:38:15 +0000

> Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Dear IETF Secretariat

What is the definitive version of ID nits that we should use?

I used the online version on the tools page before last IETF
and it disagreed with the version that you used to check
submissions. So what version are we supposed to use?

Thanks

Stewart

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:37:22 +0100

I thought we just had that discussion a couple of weeks ago.

The two nit checking machines should get aligned in the process
of developing the I-D submission tool (i.e. hopefully in
the Prague timescale). For now we have to live with the
discrepancies, which are relatively minor.

     Brian

(P.S. *Bad* idea to put the secretariat on copy. Everybody who does
a reply-all will generate a new ticket, and clearing out all those
tickets will delay real work. If you want a ticket number without
that side effect, put the secretariat on Bcc.)