Subject: Network Services RFP for IETF Meetings

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 04:39:40 -0500

Network Services RFP for IETF Meetings

The Internet Society and the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee
(IAOC) are considering outsourcing the network communications
infrastructure for Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meetings in 2007
and beyond, and to that end seek a partner to perform the appropriate
services.  Outsourced services would include: performing a pre-meeting
site survey; developing a detailed network design; installing all
equipment; conducting tests; and providing operations, systems management
and user support functions during the meeting.

The RFP can be found at this location:  http://iaoc.ietf.org/ 

The IETF conducts three, one-week meetings a year throughout the world. 
Attendance is in the range of 1,200 to 1,500 per meeting.  These meetings
are in furtherance of the IETF's mission of standards development for the
Internet.  Attendees include engineers, computer scientists, and
academicians who are always connected with one or more devices.  The
meetings are typically conducted in March, July and November.

Changes to the IETF meeting hosting models and a need for greater
consistency with the network services have motivated this approach to
providing network infrastructure services.

Should a decision be taken to outsource the network communications
infrastructure for the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meetings, it
may include:

a. IETF 68 at the Hilton Prague, Prague, Czech Republic, March 18 - 23,
2007

b. IETF 69 at the Palmer House Hilton, Chicago, IL, USA, July 22 - 27,
2007

c. IETF 70, at a location TBD, North America, December 2 - 7, 2007.

Future meetings could be added to this Master Agreement from time to time
by a mutually signed Supplemental Agreement.

Specific quotes are requested for IETF 68 and IETF 69.

The following timeline may lead to contract award: 

a. RFP Issued by email:  December 22, 2006
b. RFP Response by email due no later than 5 PM EDT on January 5, 2007
c. Response Review Period:  January 8 through January 12, 2007
d. Notification of selection:  January 15, 2007
e. Contract Negotiation and Agreement:  January 15 through January 19,
2007
f. Contract Signed and Accepted:  January 22, 2007

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director
Internet Society

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:03:14 -0500

Schedule Modification

The RFP response date is hereby changed to provide a greater period for 
response preparation.

The RFP response is changed from 5 PM EST January 5, 2007 to 5 PM EST 
January 15, 2007.

Ray Pelletier