Subject: audio archives

From: "Gregory M. Lebovitz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 05:49:03 -0700

Try going back and finding an audiocast archive from a particular 
session you missed.
- search ietf web site; sooner or later find link to 
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/
- scroll to bottom and find link for archives. go there
- find mp3 files named in format ietf68-chX-DAY-[am|noon|afnoon|pm]-[last].mp3
- go back to table on http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ and 
apply substitution cipher to identify the file for the wg you want to hear
  ... perhaps not quite as straightforward as it could be...

Does it make any sense to perhaps:
  - link the audio location on the "Session Agnedas & Presos" page 
for the WG, and
  - link to the audio mp3 file on the "proceedings page?

Gregory.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
IETF-related email from
Gregory M. Lebovitz
Juniper Networks
g r e go r  y d o t  i e tf a t  g m a i l  do t c o  m

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:25:13 +0100

>  - link to the audio mp3 file on the "proceedings page?

Fully agree. This seems like a sensible thing for the Secretariat to do.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: [email-masked] (Sandy Murphy)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:04:01 -0400 (EDT)

>  ... perhaps not quite as straightforward as it could be...

I agree also - I tried to find my working group archive today.  Anyone
figured out the -last.mp3.1 part?

--Sandy

---

From: "Tobias Gondrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:14:03 +0100

Hello,

At first to say: I love the audio stream! It is great and helps people
who can not attend the meeting in person to stay in touch.

But there is a problem with the mp3 archive: 
I just searched for the mp3 of my WG meeting (LTANS, Tue in Karlin II)
and found that there is none.

To be precise the audio that should contain my WG meeting
(ietf68-ch7-tue-pm.mp3) started with somewhere in the middle of the
krb-wg meeting that has been a few hours earlier in the same room!
After the krb-wg recording there are about 60 minutes without sound and
then comes the LTANS meeting audio. I found it by listening to the
krb-wg meeting and then fast forward to about 3:25:00 and there was the
LTANS meeting in the same mp3. :-( 
And also unfortunately the audio has been cut a few minutes before the
end.)

Maybe there is room for improvement of the precision of the cutting of
the stream for the next conference. Cause I would really like to put a
link to the mp3-file in the meeting minutes.

Thanks, Tobias

Ps.: speaking about the following mp3:
http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/pub/videolab/media/ietf68/ietf68-ch7-tu
e-pm.mp3 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gregory M. Lebovitz [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:49 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: audio archives
>