Subject: WG Chairs' beer evening in Prague

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:43:31 +0100

Hi,

As usual, the WG Chairs' beer evening will be Wednesday evening,
after the Wednesday plenary.  I have found a couple of possible
places for it, and will let you know the exact location tomorrow
(Sunday) evening.

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:11:44 +0100

Hi Joerg,

on 2007-03-17 15:18 Joerg Ott said the following:
> Hi,
> 
> just curious (as Eric mentioned dinner on Wedneday): why not
> start at 22:00 instead of right after the plenary so that
> people can get food (and thus be 'prepared' for beer)?

Because people might want to get food and beer together?  There
will (as is nearly always the case) be food available at the
beer place.

I've just tried both food and beer at the place I'm aiming for,
and only need a final confirmation on the booking.  Both food and
beer is good, and the place is about 3 blocks away from the Hilton,
a 5 minute walk.

Of course people can go off for separate food and then arrive later
for beer, but I think the dispersal effect of people going off for
food first would make the number of chairs actually getting together
and chatting quite a bit lower if we set the time to 22:00 instead
of 20:00...

However, if it turns out that we have rough consensus for a later
hour, I'll aim for that next time (in Chicago); for Prague I'd like
to stick with 20:00, as it's the time I've already asked the place
to reserve room for us.

	Henrik

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:57:48 -0400

Agreed (with Henrik); most Prague breweries / pubs have decent to great
food, too.

> to stick with 20:00, as it's the time I've already asked the place

_______________________________________________________________________
Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.

---

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:18:00 +0200

Hi,

Joerg

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:19:18 +0100

If it's the place I saw Henrik scoping the other night, I'll second his 
recommendation. It's unassuming, very good beer, decent "comfort food" 
on the menu, and courteous service.

*Dramatically* less expensive than anything served at the Hilton.

Don't forget to tip the staff in cash, they don't like to pay the 
additional taxes when you add it on the credit card receipt.

- Mark