Subject: Draft IETF Journal Volume3, Issue1 - for your review

From: Mirjam Kuehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 18:27:30 +0200

Dear IETF WG chairs,

The next issue of the IETF Journal is almost ready for publication.  
The almost-final version can be found here:

http://www.isoc.org/tools/blogs/ietfjournal/IETF68_051107_temp.pdf

Please let me know if you have any comments (especially in articles
that touch on areas of your expertise) before we publish it.

Kind Regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
ISOC

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:36:07 -0500

> that touch on areas of your expertise) before we publish it.

I thought that we get letters from the Pillsbury legal department when we 
have a "bake-off" (page 22) that does not involve actual baking - does 
anyone have an update beyond what's on 
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/sipit/pillsbury.html?

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:45:15 -0700

At 8:36 AM -0500 5/15/07, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
>I thought that we get letters from the Pillsbury legal department 
>when we have a "bake-off" (page 22) that does not involve actual 
>baking - does anyone have an update beyond what's on 

VPNC has had the word "bakeoff" on our home page and most of the 
second-level pages for over seven years, and have never heard from 
Pillbury. We don't host the IPsec interoperability tests, but we 
promote them for the people who do.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:14:56 -0500

I believe the SIP community had some issues with the doughboy.  
Henning can probably tell us much more, if he cares to:

--
Dean

On May 15, 2007, at 10:45 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

>> baking - does anyone have an update beyond what's on http:// 
>> www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/sipit/pillsbury.html?
>

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:33:10 -0400

There was no further development after the cease-and-desist order  
from Pillsbury. I don't know why they picked on the SIP Bake-Off  
instead of the other ones, and I didn't have the legal funding to  
find out (nor did the University feel that it was within their  
mission to provide legal assistance). If they haven't objected to  
another usage, it seems best to just continue, since the best defense  
is probably that nobody has objected for so long.

Henning

---

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 17:09:46 +0900

Mirjam, 

Just curious how to submit any publications to IETF Journal
and what kinds of subject and issue would be published in there .

Any rule or procedure ?

Thanks, 

-- Daniel Park 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mirjam Kuehne [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 1:28 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Draft IETF Journal Volume3, Issue1 - for your review
> 
> Dear IETF WG chairs,
> 
> Please let me know if you have any comments (especially in 
> articles that touch on areas of your expertise) before we publish it.
> 
> Kind Regards,
> Mirjam Kuehne
> ISOC
> 
> 
> 
>