Subject: MAC Email Address

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:22:18 -0400

An email address has been created to provide means for attendees to bring
meeting issues to the attention of the IETF Secretariat and the IAD for
quick resolution during an IETF meeting.

Examples of issues that have been brought to our attention are:
microphones not working in a meeting room
room is too hot/cold
data projector not working

The email address to use is [email-masked]

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:09:08 +0300

> The email address to use is [email-masked]

This is a great idea - thanks!

(You might also want to create a jabber account for such uses - less  
roundtrip delay.)

Lars

---

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:16:12 +0900

That's great facility. 

Is it only available for WG chairs ? or can we
forward this list to our WG participants ?

-- Daniel Park 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: IETF Secretariat [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 6:22 AM
> To: Working Group Chairs
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: MAC Email Address
>

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:12:15 -0700

Imagine yourself in the secretariat and simultaneously receiving 300  
emails:

    100: "it's too bloody hot! Turn it down!"
    100: "I'm  freezing! Could you thaw the blocks of ice floating in  
the air?"
    100: Thank you, secretariat, for JUST THIS ONCE managing to get  
it right!

Now imagine yourself in the secretariat, at an IETF meeting, and  
trying to keep 1500 IETF participants happy... Consider what happens  
at lines behind mikes in plenaries... There are some things we don't  
need to wish on those who try to help us out...

Having a working group chair between the IETF and the Secretariat has  
its advantages, I think.