Subject: Re: TMDA Feedback

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 21:25:14 -0700 (PDT)

Unqualified success in the 16ng list. Opting in has eliminated the daily grind by taking care of *all* spam (we used to receive some 5 to 10 per day at least). 
The few times I've gotten notified it's been for 1 valid message in the queue, so I end up granting posting rights to the poster in question.

thanks!

-gabriel

----- Original Message ----
From: "Fuller, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2007 10:12:44 AM
Subject: TMDA Feedback

TMDA Feedback

Dear IETF Working Group Chairs:

On April 11th, the Secretariat offered you the option of putting TMDA in front of your working group discussion lists.  For those of you who “opted in,” TMDA has been in place for almost two months, and we are interested in getting your feedback on how it is working for you.  Have you experienced any problems or inconvenience as a result of putting TMDA in front of your lists?  Has doing so saved you time and effort?  Would you recommend “opting in” to those working group chairs that have not yet done so?  Any feedback that you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Best Regards,

Barbara

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:43:18 +0300

On 2007-6-7, at 7:25, ext gabriel montenegro wrote:
> Unqualified success in the 16ng list. Opting in has eliminated the  
> daily grind by taking care of *all* spam (we used to receive some 5  
> to 10 per day at least).
> The few times I've gotten notified it's been for 1 valid message in  
> the queue, so I end up granting posting rights to the poster in  
> question.

Completely agree - we've had it enabled on the tsv* lists, zero  
complaints, zero spam, if something was held it was a legitimate post  
from a non-subscriber.

Lars