Subject: Re: IESG last call comments

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 21:01:19 -0400

>>>>> "Tobias" == Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]> writes:

    Tobias> Hi Sam, as a member of the Security Directorate, I must
    Tobias> say that your statement is not correct. The Security
    Tobias> Directorate Instructions page only states: Security
    Tobias> reviews MAY be send to [email-masked].

    Tobias> Citing http://sec.ietf.org/instructions.html: "Send all
    Tobias> reviews to [email-masked], [email-masked], the document
    Tobias> editors, the WG chairs (if any), and the document's PROTO
    Tobias> shepherd (check the draft tracker to see if it different
    Tobias> than the WG chairs).  This is the case even for "no
    Tobias> problems" reviews. WG chairs may be reached at
    Tobias> [email-masked]. Please put the document name in
    Tobias> the Subject line.

    Tobias> You may send to [email-masked] instead of (or in addition
    Tobias> to) the IESG, if you prefer. If there's something you want
    Tobias> to share only with the ADs, send a separate, ADDITIONAL,
    Tobias> messasge to them, flagged as private, but also send a note
    Tobias> to the broader world, as above."

As an FYI, for the Wg chairs, I had a discussion about this with the
security directorate.  Many people don't want to have to send their
reviews to the [email-masked] list, but they also understand that by
not doing so, they give up some visibility to their review and
increase the probability that comments will not be acted on.

--Sam