Subject: Timely availability of minutes

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:29:17 -0500

From a piece of nagging I just got:

One Hundred Eleven (111) Working Groups, BoFs and AG’s met at IETF 69  
(This number includes the training sessions, Plenary sessions, the  
IRTF groups and interim meetings held prior to the 69th IETF). As of  
today, 2 have not yet submitted any materials, 43 have submitted  
slides but no minutes, 4 tutorials have not submitted materials, and  
60 have submitted both slides and minutes.  The current status of the  
proceedings, including the list of groups in each category, is  
available at:

The 43 number above is disturbing. Does it reflect just that minutes  
aren't getting put into the tool, or that minutes aren't
being made available at all until this deadline? I really hope its  
the former.

I've had pretty good success at having draft minutes to the list  
before the meeting week is over for the groups I chair and
the minutes from other groups that have done this have generally been  
more useful than the ones that appear weeks
later. It's easier to do this with a little planning (having good  
note-takers and explicitly scheduling a time to prepare minutes
before the meeting is out has worked best for me).

Do others think this is a reasonable and useful goal? If so, I'd like  
to challenge the chairs of any meeting at IETF70 to have minutes to  
their
respective lists before the week is over (recognizing that those  
folks building minutes for Friday meetings might need the weekend).

RjS