Subject: Nomcom 2007-8: Nominations Deadline Extended to Sep 17, 2007

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:47:46 -0700

Folks,

Many of you responded well to the reminder calls for nominations sent 
recently.  There was also an up-tick in the nominations acceptances as 
well (in some cases).  The nomcom appreciates the community's response 
very much.

However, we are still short in a few areas; at the moment, we have the 
following numbers of nominations: 3 4 4 6 6 10 12 21 44 (some of these 
folks have already rejected the nominations; I haven't had the time to 
update the numbers yet).

The numbers on acceptances are still *very* low; in 3 (or may be 4) 
areas, we have only ONE candidate so far.

In the discussions on this topic, it was argued that folks may be still 
returning from their summer vacations.  Some candidates have hinted that 
it may take some more time to get the necessary approvals.  Keeping 
those considerations in mind, I am extending the nominations deadline to 
Sep 17, 2007 AOE.  Candidates are requested to consider the chance to 
serve the IETF and accept the nominations.  The questionnaires are now 
due Sep 24, 2007 AOE.

Here is the link to nominate: 
https://tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/07/nominate
You may also send nominations or comments via email to [email-masked] 
or [email-masked].

thanks,
Lakshminath