Subject: Deployment of the Internet-Draft Submission Tool

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:32:20 -0400

The IETF Secretariat is pleased to announce the deployment of the
Internet-Draft Submission Tool (IDST)-Phase I.  The IDST is a Web-based
application that will allow an IETF participant to submit an
Internet-Draft online, obtain approval to post the draft (if necessary),
and make the draft immediately available to the community on the IETF
Web site without the assistance of the Secretariat (in most cases).

The URL for the IDST is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi

The URL for instructions for using the IDST is:
http://www.ietf.org/idsubmit_instructions.html

Although it will still be possible to submit your drafts by e-mail
(i.e., by sending them to [email-masked]), the tool is
available for use effective immediately, and we encourage you to submit
your drafts via the tool starting today.

If you have any questions about using the tool or wish to report a bug,
then please send a message to [email-masked].

Enjoy!!

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:19:25 -0400

> Web site without the assistance of the Secretariat (in most cases).

What/where is the interface for approving posts?

The sidebar on this page is extremely difficult to read.  It has a dark 
blue background and a number of items whose foreground color is 
unspecified, resulting in the black or blue that is the default in most 
browsers.

-- Jeff

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:33:58 -0700

What/where is the interface for approving posts?
[gwz] From the instructions, it appears approval of WG drafts is
email-based.

The sidebar on this page is extremely difficult to read.  It has a dark 
blue background and a number of items whose foreground color is 
unspecified, resulting in the black or blue that is the default in most 
browsers.
[gwz] In fact it's so hard to read that I didn't even see it...

-- Jeff