Subject: Double notifications

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:00:52 -0500

I'm not complaining, just asking what other people think.

I'm seeing e-mail to WG mailing list about draft submissions, that are 
almost immediately followed by e-mail to the same mailing list announcing 
the draft that was submitted. For example,

Submission:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg14642.html

immediately followed by
Announcement: 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg14643.html

Are other people finding these notes TO THE MAILING LIST helpful? At the 
very least - the submission e-mail doesn't give a URL that takes you to the 
draft, that's in the announcement.

Sending to sipping-chairs would make sense (for this draft), of course. I'm 
not saying NO ONE should be getting the submission e-mails...

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:31:36 -0400

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 08:00:52 PM -0500 Spencer Dawkins 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> very least - the submission e-mail doesn't give a URL that takes you to
> the draft, that's in the announcement.
>
> Sending to sipping-chairs would make sense (for this draft), of course.
> I'm not saying NO ONE should be getting the submission e-mails...

I agree - the first message isn't an announcement; it's an acknowledgement 
that the submission was successfully processed.  It should go only to the 
submitter and the chairs, not the WG mailing list.

-- Jeff