Subject: Queries on draft submission tool

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:01:34 -0500

I've got two issues I was wondering if anybody had worked around.

1) Draft replacement -- I tried to submit a draft today as a wg -00  
that replaced an older individual draft. Is there a way to mark this  
replacement in the submission tool without having to make it a manual  
submission?

2) Boilerplate scanning:

The same draft was missing part of the copyright statement, the part  
that goes:

This document and the information contained herein
are provided on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE
ORGANIZATION HE/SHE REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE
INTERNET SOCIETY, THE IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE
DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT  
LIMITED TO
ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT
INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Now, I'd dutifully run the thing through Henrik's idnits tool, and  
the submission tool seems to do the same, but the secretariat had to  
catch this manually.

So other than being a sloppy proofreader (and no, I don't proofread  
every draft somebody submits), what am I missing? Or more  
specifically, what have we not gotten automated quite the right way  
here?

Is it just asking too much to be able to check this stuff in text  
format? Should xml input be mandatory, with xml2rfc being part of the  
submission tool? It seems like it would be a lot easier to check for  
the xml2rfc directives that make the copyright notice happen than it  
is to check for a copyright notice that might have just moved around  
a bit.

--
Dean

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:31:04 -0500

I hate replying to myself, but it looks like:

On Oct 16, 2007, at 7:01 PM, Dean Willis wrote:
> 2) Boilerplate scanning:
>
> The same draft was missing part of the copyright statement, the  
> part that goes:

This was probably because I idnitsed one version, then submitted  
another. My bad. Yes, I'd call myself something derogatory, but that  
would probably be an insult to people for whom my derogatory  
expression could be more correctly applied. Sorry!

But the other question remains unanswered.

--
Dean

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:29:58 +0200

Dean Willis skrev:
> 1) Draft replacement -- I tried to submit a draft today as a wg -00 that
> replaced an older individual draft. Is there a way to mark this

No, not in the current version. I think it is on the roadmap for a
future version of the ID submission tool.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------