Subject: New submission tool

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:56:49 +0200

Is there any information about the time delays we can expect in the
processing of internet drafts using the new submission tool.

We have a new -00 draft submitted

draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements 

For which I received the authorisation request from the tool at 15:35 UK
time (10:35 Eastern US).

For which my co-chair granted the request on the same day:

"draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements has already been approved by
Dean Willis, and recorded by Dean Willis on 2007-09-28"

>From the web page.

As of now the document has failed to appear in the archive (and I am
being rightfully kicked by the author).

Are there still manual parts of this process before it appears in the
archive, and indeed accessible from the id-tracker? Do we have to wait
24 hours in a couple of places for some scheduled task to update things?

Regards

Keith

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:18:20 +0200

Keith,

This sounds like an error. Send this to the secretariat so that they can
look into it.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 12:09:33 +0200

Its out now, it finally processed its way through the system to issue the announcement at 15:10 Eastern time on the 2nd.

Interestingly, it generates a mail from:

[email-masked] 

To the WG list, to which it was not at that time subscribed. This would imply that it was not subscribed automatically to any of the other WG lists either. If this is true, perhaps it should be corrected.

I would still like to know if there are any manual or scheduling parts in the submission process, particularly for -00 drafts (apart from the WG chair approval) so that we know how long we should wait before assuming something is wrong.

Regards

Keith

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Magnus Westerlund [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 9:18 AM
> To: DRAGE, Keith (Keith)
> Cc: Working Group Chairs
> Subject: Re: New submission tool
> 
> Keith,
> 
> This sounds like an error. Send this to the secretariat so 
> that they can look into it.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Magnus
> 
> > For which I received the authorisation request from the 
> tool at 15:35 
> > UK time (10:35 Eastern US).
> > 
> > "draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements has already 
> been approved 
> > by Dean Willis, and recorded by Dean Willis on 2007-09-28"
> > 
> >>From the web page.
> >

---

From: Matthew J Zekauskas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 11:04:41 -0400

> To the WG list, to which it was not at that time subscribed. This would imply that it was not subscribed automatically to any of the other WG lists either. If this is true, perhaps it should be cor…

Well, you don't really want to have idsubmission subscribed.  What you 
want is to add [email-masked] to privacy options->sender 
filters->"List of non-member addresses whose postings should be 
automatically accepted. ".  I believe I had to do this manually for 
other @ietf.org addresses such as "[email-masked]", but 
perhaps the secretariat can do it for all lists managed at ietf.org.

--Matt

---

From: "Fuller, Barbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:11:18 -0400

Hi Keith:

The problem that you experienced in posting a version -00 I-D with the
IDST resulted from the document being in the wrong state when the WG
Chair approved it.  It could have happened accidentally if, for example,
you clicked a wrong button while checking the status of your draft, or
for some other reason.

In any case, we have fixed the tool to prevent a submission from
accidentally being placed in a wrong state during the WG Chair approval
process.  Therefore, this problem should not happen again.

Barbara 

-----Original Message-----
From: DRAGE, Keith (Keith) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:10 AM
To: Working Group Chairs
Subject: RE: New submission tool

Its out now, it finally processed its way through the system to issue
the announcement at 15:10 Eastern time on the 2nd.

[email-masked] 

To the WG list, to which it was not at that time subscribed. This would
imply that it was not subscribed automatically to any of the other WG
lists either. If this is true, perhaps it should be corrected.

I would still like to know if there are any manual or scheduling parts
in the submission process, particularly for -00 drafts (apart from the
WG chair approval) so that we know how long we should wait before
assuming something is wrong.

Regards

Keith

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:55:39 -0700

> I would still like to know if there are any manual or 
> scheduling parts in the submission process, particularly for 
> -00 drafts (apart from the WG chair approval) so that we know 
> how long we should wait before assuming something is wrong.

Tombstones appear to be at least one remaining manual process:  it 
appears tombstones aren't automatically created, I'm guessing 
because IDST isn't asking for the pre-WG document name.

(I just requested a tombstone for the individual version of that 
specific document that caused you to start this thread.)

-d