Subject: APPAREA and RRG and SAFE (oh, my!)

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:20:29 -0600

So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I would think that both 
RRG and SAFE would be very interesting to Apps folks, or at the very 
least could benefit from some Apps input. Of course, they are both 
scheduled right on top of APPAREA.

Does swapping them for Tuesday AM RTG and TSV sessions make any sense?

May I also take this moment to renew my call to move BOFs earlier in 
the week if at all possible, and to at least not conflict with each 
other. Thursday BOFs leave no time to have hallway conversations 
about them later in the week.

pre
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:26:14 +0100

Hi Pete,

Please put a hold on any action by agenda until we actually agreed on
something that works.

>From the SAFE BOF perspective, SAFE can't be moved to Tuesday morning
due to the collision with SIPPING which will cause the loss of several
of the people part of running the BOF. If swapping RRG or APPAREA to
somewhere else then it would be great. But you will have to talk with
the chairs and ADs responsible for those.

Cheers

Magnus

Pete Resnick skrev:
> So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I would think that both RRG
> and SAFE would be very interesting to Apps folks, or at the very least
> could benefit from some Apps input. Of course, they are both scheduled
> right on top of APPAREA.
> 
> May I also take this moment to renew my call to move BOFs earlier in the
> week if at all possible, and to at least not conflict with each other.
> Thursday BOFs leave no time to have hallway conversations about them
> later in the week.
> 
> pre

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:31:42 -0500

I recognize there are any number of complexities
in scheduling all of these meetings, as usual.

I would, however, like to add my voice to the
collision concern Pete expressed:  I am also
trying to figure out how to be involved in those
3 meetings, each of which have agenda topics that
are key (not merely interesting).

I.e., the move Pete suggested evidently does not work --
but I hope some other fix can be found.

Leslie.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality:
      Yours to discover."
                                 -- ThinkingCat
Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:49:00 +0100

Agenda folks, 

Please consult with the OPS Ads in any change in the scheduling of the
APPAREA meeting. APPS has half of its agenda dedicated to the discussion
about the YANG data modeling language, so any conflict with NETCONF,
OPSAWG, OPSAREA and any of the WGs I am sponsoring should be avoided. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pete Resnick [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:20 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: APPAREA and RRG and SAFE (oh, my!)
> 
> So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I would think 
> that both RRG and SAFE would be very interesting to Apps 
> folks, or at the very least could benefit from some Apps 
> input. Of course, they are both scheduled right on top of APPAREA.
> 
> May I also take this moment to renew my call to move BOFs 
> earlier in the week if at all possible, and to at least not 
> conflict with each other. Thursday BOFs leave no time to have 
> hallway conversations about them later in the week.
> 
> pre
> --

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:51:21 -0800

> OPSAWG, OPSAREA and any of the WGs I am sponsoring should be avoided. 

(Speaking as NETCONF co-Chair and YANG contributor)

Please keep the APPAREA meeting within the Monday to Wednesday timeframe.
I have to leave Thursday morning, and I really want to attend this meeting.

> Dan

thanks,
Andy

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:26:16 -0800

The current RAI scheduling was construct to try and not have a really  
bad conflict with SAFE. I'm assuming that SAFE will have much the  
same people in it as BEHAVE has had in the past.  Many of the RAI  
groups are working closely with the whole ICE/STUN/TURN/BEHAVE NATs  
family of work that SAFE ties into and have overlapping people when  
you look at the participants or the authors of documents. Based on  
that, I think SAFE can conflict with mediactrl, enum, or possibly  
xcon but I think if we conflict with other RAI WGs it will probably  
be very bad.  The scheduling constraints were a topic of some  
discussion in deciding to approve this and it's hard to find an ideal  
slot for it.

On Nov 20, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:

> RRG and SAFE would be very interesting to Apps folks, or at the  
> very least could benefit from some Apps input. Of course, they are  
> both scheduled right on top of APPAREA.
>
> May I also take this moment to renew my call to move BOFs earlier  
> in the week if at all possible, and to at least not conflict with  
> each other. Thursday BOFs leave no time to have hallway  
> conversations about them later in the week.
>
> pre
> --