Subject: Missing materials

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:08:39 -0800

As an experiment, I ran getdrafts this morning on the entire agenda
and what follows is the output. As you can see, a pretty substantial
number of WGs are without agendas and over 10% of drafts are not
found. Obviously, these could be bugs in getdrafts, but I've 
spot checked these and in most cases they're really not there
or are the wrong version or something.

-Ekr

P.S. This also revealed a few bugs in the TLS agenda. Fixing 
them now :)

WGs without agendas:
  autoconf
  intarea
  ntp
  softwire
  radext
  forces
  rpsec
  rtgarea
  rtgwg
  msec
  saag
  fecframe
  hiprg
  mobopts
  rrg

Missing drafts
  draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-01.txt (wg=ancp)
  draft-ietf-sipping-offeranswer-02.txt (wg=hip)
  draft-vogt-rrg-six-one-00.txt (wg=hip)
  draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term-02.txt (wg=bmwg)
  draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-07.txt (wg=capwap)
  draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-04.txt (wg=capwap)
  draft-asveren-dime-dupcons-00.txt (wg=dime)
  draft-asveren-dime-state-recovery-01.txt (wg=dime)
  draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-02.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-dietz-ipfix-mib-01.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-muenz-ipfix-configuration-02.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-trammell-ipfix-file-04.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-kobayashi-ipfix-mediator-model-00.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-dressler-ipfix-aggregation-03.txt (wg=ipfix)
  draft-li-natale-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-00.txt (wg=opsarea)
  draft-romascanu-netconf-datatypes-03.txt (wg=opsawg)
  draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-non-compound-01.txt (wg=avt)
  draft-poetzl-bliss-call-completion-01.txt (wg=bliss)
  draft-schulzrinne-ecrit-lost-sync-00.txt (wg=ecrit)
  draft-ietf-mmusic-decoding-dependency-00.txt (wg=mmusic)
  draft-saito-mmusic-sdp-ike-02.txt (wg=mmusic)
  draft-niemi-simple-chat-06.txt (wg=simple)
  draft-niemi-simple-msrp-ice-00.txt (wg=simple)
  draft-ietf-speermint-voip-consolidated-usecases-04.txt (wg=speermint)
  draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-02.txt (wg=speermint)
  draft-ietf-xcon-bfcp-connection-05.txt (wg=xcon)
  draft-ietf-xcon-framework-08.txt (wg=xcon)
  draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-self-test-06.txt (wg=mpls)
  draft-ietf-mpls-32.txt (wg=mpls)
  draft-ietf-mpls-upstream-label-02.txt (wg=mpls)
  draft-ietf-pce-interas-pcecp-reqs-04.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-ietf-pce-tc-mib-01.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-ietf-pce-disc-mib-01.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-yasukawa-pce-p2mp-req-03.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-yasukawa-pce-p2mp-app-01.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-bernstein-ccamp-wson-info-00.txt (wg=pce)
  draft-ietf-pkix-2797-bis-04.txt (wg=pkix)
  draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-trans-05.txt (wg=pkix)
  draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2831bis-12.txt (wg=sasl)
  draft-cridland-sasl-hexa-00.txt (wg=sasl)
  draft-josefsson-password-auth-00.txt (wg=sasl)
  draft-newman-auth-scram-04.txt (wg=sasl)
  draft-zeilenga-sasl-yap-00.txt (wg=sasl)
  draft-harkins-tls-rsa-aes-siv-00.txt (wg=tls)
  draft-badra-ecdhe-tls-psk-00.txt (wg=tls)
  draft-ietf-ccid4-01.txt (wg=dccp)
  draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-qs-02.txt (wg=dccp)
  draft-jennings-sip-dtls-04.txt (wg=dccp)
  draft-manner-nsis-nslp-auth-03.txt (wg=nsis)
  draft-larsen-tsvwg-port-randomization-01.txt (wg=tsvwg)
  draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-01.txt (wg=tsvwg)
  draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-01.txt (wg=tsvwg)
  draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-02.txt (wg=tsvwg)
  draft-ietf-tsvwg-admitted-voice-dscp-02.txt (wg=tsvwg)
Found 375 out of 429 drafts

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:26:37 -0600

At 10:08 AM 11/28/2007, Eric Rescorla wrote:
>found.

I'll fess up on each of these as sloppy chair effort 
creating/allowing a WG agenda specifying IDs that have since been 
updated from what I listed on the actual agenda.  Newer versions of 
each of these documents in TSVWG exist and are now properly indicated 
on the TSVWG agenda.

I'll not let this happen again

James

>_______________________________________________
>Ietf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:53:21 -0600

I'm not sure that James being sloppy is the whole problem (whether that's 
true or not).

It's worth mentioning that as long as we "expire" drafts when a new version 
is posted, although it doesn't need to go away for six months, conscientious 
chairs will post agendas early with links that will break when consciencious 
editors post new versions of drafts that reflect current mailing list 
discussion.

I grew up in a dysfunctional family, so I'm not complaining, but we COULD do 
better if we weren't causing problems for ourselves :-)

I was trying to figure this out with Cullen for MEDIACTRL - I'd like to post 
links to the versionless URLs on tools.ietf.org, but Cullen pointed out that 
people on planes don't know if they are reading the current drafts, etc. 
Perhaps this could be a good WG chairs discussion topic...

Thanks,

Spencer

> I'll fess up on each of these as sloppy chair effort creating/allowing a 
> WG agenda specifying IDs that have since been updated from what I listed 
> on the actual agenda.  Newer versions of each of these documents in TSVWG 
> exist and are now properly indicated on the TSVWG agenda.
>