Subject: Seeking Testers for www.ietf.org

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:50:20 -0500

As you know the transition of the main IETF web site, www.ietf.org,
is now in progress.  We will shortly be ready for people to help us
review and test the new site.  This is a request for volunteers who
would be willing to review and verify the information that you know
and depend upon.

We are asking that those who volunteer indicate those areas of the
web site to which they will focus their attention.  You are not
expected to review the entire site, only those portions of the web
site with which you are most familiar, although certainly you will
not be limited in any way.

A critical area of concern is the datatracker.  We are particularly
interested in individuals who use it often and are familiar with
all of its operations.  Since the database that will be present on
the "new" site will not be live, you will be free to exercise every
aspect of the datatracker system.  The last step before the "new"
site goes live will be to synchronize the database so you need not
be concerned about any actions you take during testing.

This site testing is extremely important.  The main IETF web site
has evolved over time into a structurally and architecturally
complex operation.  It is not readily apparent to the user that
there are actually 23 named (meaning aliases) or independent web
sites.  One of the steps AMS has been directed to take is to
flatten everything into one name per web site.  Of course there
will be backwards compatibility support but, unfortunately, due to
name overloading it is possible there have been oversights or even
errors in setting up the "new" site.

If you are able to spend an hour or so reviewing some of the IETF
web site please contact Jim Galvin <[email-masked]>, who will be
managing the testing of the web site.  He is also cc'ed on this
message.

Testers will receive more detailed information as to how to access
the "new" site and how to report issues they identify.  Testing is
ready to begin now and will continue through Tuesday, 29 January
2008.

Thanks in advance to those people who are able to volunteer.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:10:06 -0000

Ray,

Sorry, too busy this time around.

But for what it is worth, idnits was broken when several of us tried it 
yesterday.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ray Pelletier" <[email-masked]>
To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>; "IAB" <[email-masked]>; "IAOC" 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Working Group Chairs" 
<[email-masked]>
Cc: "James M Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 11:50 PM
Subject: Seeking Testers for www.ietf.org