Subject: Testers Wanted: ietf.org transition

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:22:44 -0500

All;

The transition of the main IETF web site, www.ietf.org,
is now in progress.  We are ready for people to help us
review and test the new site.  This is a request for volunteers who
would be willing to review and verify the information that you know
and depend upon.

If you are able to spend an hour or so reviewing some of the IETF
web site please contact Jim Galvin <[email-masked]>, who will be
managing the testing of the web site.  He is also cc'ed on this
message.

This site testing is extremely important.  The main IETF web site
has evolved over time into a structurally and architecturally
complex operation. There are actually 23 named (meaning aliases) or 
independent web
sites.  One of the steps AMS has been directed to take is to
flatten everything into one name per web site.  Of course there
will be backwards compatibility support but, unfortunately, due to
name overloading it is possible there have been oversights or even
errors in setting up the "new" site.

Testers will receive more detailed information as to how to access
the "new" site and how to report issues they identify.  Testing is
ready to begin now and will continue through Tuesday, 29 January
2008.

Thanks.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director