Subject: archives gone missing

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:02:00 -0800

Hi -

The email archives pointed to from your WG's web page
may have become inaccessible if the mailing list is an
@ietf.org one.  I've already reported the problem.

Randy

---

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:15:27 -0500

Let me expand on Randy's message.

WG Charter pages that include "/index.html" as a suffix on the 
archive URL will find that that URL does not work.

If you drop the "/index.html" the URL does work.

It is not at all clear at the moment why that is there or why they 
suddenly do not work.  However, please know that the Secretariat is 
aware of the problem.

The problem comes from the fact that the html.charters pages are 
automatically generated.  This is a detail that was not apparent 
prior to cut-over.  In addition, the directory hierarchy that was 
not discovered until last week is an important component of this 
problem.

AMS is actively working on the automation and will get it in place 
quickly.  They will then synchronize everything as best they can 
and probably ask one more time for people to look at their charter 
pages and report any problems.

You should continue to report issues you see now with your WG page 
that are not related to the archive URL.  This way they can check 
when the automation has been put in place.

Jim

-- On Monday, February 18, 2008 11:02 AM -0800 Randy Presuhn 
<[email-masked]> wrote regarding archives gone 
missing --