Subject: WG Charters

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:15:22 -0500

Dear WG Chairs:

During the Secretariat transition, some WG charters went 
missing.  The WG Charter page displayed "No description 
available."  Jari Arkko was the first to notice, and he submitted a 
ticket to [email-masked].  As of today, the Secretariat 
believes that all missing charters have been recovered.  They found 
old versions. While no other information appears to be missing, 
please verify that everything is actually current on your WG web 
page.  If you find anything wrong, please submit a ticket to 
[email-masked].

Regards,
Russ

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:27:32 -0600

MEDIACTRL's charter description has been recovered, but is now rendering as 
double-spaced. Is this the way they are supposed to be? I remembered 
single-spacing...

My ticket (which includes the double-spacing, so this has been reported to 
the secretariat) is [rt.amsl.com #1888] - I'm just asking for other chair 
opinions.

Thanks,

Spencer

> Dear WG Chairs:
>
> During the Secretariat transition, some WG charters went missing.  The WG 
> Charter page displayed "No description available."  Jari Arkko was the 
> first to notice, and he submitted a ticket to [email-masked].  As of 
> today, the Secretariat believes that all missing charters have been 
> recovered.  They found old versions. While no other information appears to 
> be missing, please verify that everything is actually current on your WG 
> web page.  If you find anything wrong, please submit a ticket to 
> [email-masked].
>
> Regards,
> Russ
>
>

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:33:24 +0100

Could we have some indication of whether the entire WG page has been
lost in those missing cases, just the plain text version of the charter
itself, or the charter milestones.

I don't fancy checking the validity of the dates of all the SIP
milestones without some indication that the information here may have
been lost.

Regards

Keith 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Russ Housley
> Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:15 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: WG Charters
> 
> Dear WG Chairs:
> 
> available."  Jari Arkko was the first to notice, and he 
> submitted a ticket to [email-masked].  As of today, the 
> Secretariat believes that all missing charters have been 
> recovered.  They found old versions. While no other 
> information appears to be missing, please verify that 
> everything is actually current on your WG web page.  If you 
> find anything wrong, please submit a ticket to [email-masked].
> 
> Regards,
> Russ
> 
>

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:35:45 -0500

The only think that was lost was the text description of the WG.

Russ

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:43:30 -0500

>itself, or the charter milestones.

In my case, only the link to the supplemental web page
was deleted from the charter (noticed over the weekend).
Milestones were fine.
Al

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:18:36 +0200

Keith,

> itself, or the charter milestones.

The "Description" part of some WGs had gone missing during the
transition for some reason. Here is the list of WGs that I knew had this
problem: mext, 6man, ancp, bliss, hokey, keyprov, mediactrl, opsawg,
p2psip, pcn, pmol, and vcarddav. There may have been more.

This is the only problem that I have been able to observe. Of course,
when I see this list and realize that these are recently created or
changed WGs, I get a little bit worried about what other updates might
be missing. If you updated your milestones recently, it might be a good
idea to check if they are what they are supposed to be now.

Jari

---

From: "Bert Wijnen - IETF" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:32:04 +0100

The NETCONF WG page has been restored to an old version.
It has been rported to [email-masked]

Bert Wijnen

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:09:13 -0800

Hi -

In the case of the ltru working group, the milestones are fine,
but the charter itself has been replaced with an out-of-date
version.

Randy

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:43:49 +0100

Russ, Glen,

> page.  If you find anything wrong, please submit a ticket to 

I have hourly snapshots of the 1wg-charters.txt file, which has
(in text format) all the charter texts from just before they went
missing, which from what I can see would be at the time of switch-
over.  My latest complete copy is from 2008-01-31_20:00:40+0100.

Would it help to get a copy of this file?

	Henrik

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:55:00 -0500

> p2psip, pcn, pmol, and vcarddav. There may have been more.

Add krb-wg to that list, also recently changed.

---

From: "Mike McBride (mmcbride)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:44:00 -0800

> I have hourly snapshots of the 1wg-charters.txt file, which 
> has (in text format) all the charter texts from just before 
> they went missing, which from what I can see would be at the 
> time of switch- over.  My latest complete copy is from 
> 2008-01-31_20:00:40+0100.

YES! Thanks. pimwg charter was replaced with an old one. Wanda
([email-masked]) requested the latest one from us. Much appreciated
if you could give her a pointer.

mike

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:46:30 +0100

Hi,

> if you could give her a pointer.

I've provide Greg at AMS with my latest complete snapshot.

	Henrik