Subject: WG Charters, take two.

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:54:00 +0100

Hi,

I've compared the current charter texts in 1wg-charters.txt with the
last snapshot I have from before the transition, and I think that there are
still some charters which may have reverted to an older version, and should
be checked by the chairs.  I have text version copies of all charters as of
31 Jan 2008, and have made them available to Glen, so if the current charters
are found to be old versions, reversion to the newer 31 Jan charter text can
be done fairly easily.

The charters which have changed materially, and may have reverted to older
versions and not been corrected, follows.  If you want a charter reverted to
31 Jan status, please indicate so to [email-masked].  The suspects:

	dnsext
	dhc	
	hip
	16ng
	mext
	mipshop
	mip4
	adslmib
	avt
	simple
	krb-wg
	kitten
	nea
	smime
	dccp
	fecframe
	rohc
	tcpm
	tsvwg

To be able to review differences, I've put up a rudimentary page for each
working group which lists all the charter copies I've snarfed, with links
to diffs for each copy.  Most changes are simply changes to the list of WG
drafts, so this isn't too user friendly right now, but it still will make
it possible for you to review the changes over time:

	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsext/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dhc/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/hip/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/16ng/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mipshop/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mip4/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/adslmib/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/avt/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/simple/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/krb-wg/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/kitten/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nea/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/smime/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dccp/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/fecframe/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/rohc/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tcpm/charters
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tsvwg/charters

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:12:54 -0500

Henrik,

Thanks for this!

Let me also add that we just discovered on Thursday afternoon that 
there was another directory hierarchy on another server that was 
not included in the original information transfer.  This hierarchy 
included, among other things, the WG Charters.  The internal tools 
use this directory.

So, we have finally figured out why things are out of sync.  Glen 
needs to integrate this directory hierarchy into the system and 
then we need to manually check suspect charters to make sure 
everything is up-to-date.

WG Chairs should check their charters and other information.  If 
you notice discrepancies please do report it to 
[email-masked] so it can be checked.

Thanks,

Jim

-- On Saturday, February 16, 2008 4:54 PM +0100 Henrik Levkowetz 
<[email-masked]> wrote regarding WG Charters, take two. --

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:27:13 -0800

For the nonce, these items have been put in a parallel directory on the 
webserver:  WG_DESCRIPTIONS.old (and a file wg.www.pages.old).  I can 
easily replace, but I don't want to undo any new changes.  So people can 
pull from the old directory as desired, compare as desired, and send us 
any change requests.

Glen

James M Galvin wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Testlist mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mail.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/testlist
>