Subject: Cut-off time for I D submission

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:55:59 -0500

The E-mails gave the usual time for cut-off on I-D submission next Monday: 9 am 
ET. However, http://www.ietf.org/meetings/71-cutoff_dates.html shows a 5 pm ET 
cut-off time. Which is right?

Tom Taylor

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:36:50 -0500

Tom Taylor wrote:

> The E-mails gave the usual time for cut-off on I-D submission next 
> Monday: 9 am ET. However, 
> http://www.ietf.org/meetings/71-cutoff_dates.html shows a 5 pm ET 

5PM ET
A correction will be sent out.

Ray Pelletier
IAD

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:05:56 -0600

>A correction will be sent out.

when did this new time (verses 9am EST) get discussed and agreed upon?

Regardless, I'm happy for the change - since it gives me more time to write!

---

From: "Eastlake III Donald-LDE008" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:26:24 -0500

Although I was around when the whole concept was established of their
being a deadline well in advance of the meeting and I can recall
discussion of how many *weeks* in advance it should be, I don't believe
there has ever been any discussion of the *hour* that the deadline is on
the last day. It has always been whatever the Secretariat thought
convenient for them, which seems just fine to me as long as adequate
notice is given.

Donald

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of James M. Polk
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:06 PM
To: Ray Pelletier; Tom Taylor
Cc: Working Group Chairs
Subject: Re: Cut-off time for I D submission

Regardless, I'm happy for the change - since it gives me more time to
write!

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:04:27 +0200

> A correction will be sent out.

The submissions tool needs to be updated, too. I just got:

Error

Your request was not processed due to the following error(s):

The pre-meeting cutoff date for new documents (i.e., version -00  
Internet-Drafts) was Monday, 2008-02-18 at 9 AM (ET). You will not be  
able to submit a new document until Monday, 2008-03-10, at midnight.
You can still submit a version -01 or higher Internet-Draft until 9 AM  
(ET), 2008-02-25.

Lars

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:15:19 -0500

Right.  I got the same thing.

So, either the tool gets fixed like right now, or email submission is the
only way.

What would the tools team/secretariat/IAOC recommend?

Brian

> Behalf Of Lars Eggert
> Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 1:04 PM
> To: ext Ray Pelletier
> Cc: Working Group Chairs

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:20:50 -0800

Not using the tools is going to delay drafts and create extra work for  
secretariat so I hope we can get this fixed ASAP.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:26:00 -0500

I already sent a message to the Secretariat (both the Executive 
Director and the IT Director).

Russ

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott O. Bradner)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:34:46 -0500 (EST)

for what it's worth - the setting of the hour of the
cut off was based on when people in the office would be there
to finish off the process

so a cutoff of 5pm ET (which it was for a while) did not make any sense 
since no one was going to be in the office to deal with the submissions 
so the cutoff was changed to 9am on the day that staff would process
the input - so in this case the cut off should have been set to 
9am tuesday morning since monday is a US holiday

a little history that may be useful in the future

Scott

ps - in any case - having the same time on the web page 
and in the tool would be a real good idea

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:09:38 -0800

In case anyone here did not see my email to the ietf-announce list, the
Submission Tool has been repaired and will be accepting submissions until
5pm ET today. Our apologies for any confusion and inconvenience this may
have caused you. 

If you still experience difficulties with the Submission Tool, please feel
free to submit drafts manually by sending them to [email-masked].
We will of course honor the 5pm ET cutoff for all manually submitted drafts.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:18:14 -0500

I now get:
Error

Your request was not processed due to the following error(s):
Previous version does not exist for this document

This is a -00 individual submission.  There is no prior version.

Brian

> From: Alexa Morris [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 2:10 PM
> To: Brian Rosen; 'Lars Eggert'; 'ext Ray Pelletier'
> Cc: 'Working Group Chairs'

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:23:10 -0600

Alexa

Are submitters receiving an email confirmation of a submission still? 
Or has this practice changed?

I haven't received this expected confirmation of an ID I sent in 10 
hours ago. So I submitted it again 3 hours later ( >7 hours ago).  It 
used to take 15 minutes... I still have not received anything.

James

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:28:49 -0800

> when did this new time (verses 9am EST) get discussed and agreed upon?

Before the last meeting, I made a note that all the deadlines should be 
normalized so it is easy to remember the time of the day for IETF 
deadlines.  We had 3 different times of day for deadlines previously. 
There was support for that change on the IETF list.  Ray implemented it 
this time.  It appears that some of the scripts did not get updated 
accordingly (quite understandable given some of the other major IT stuff 
that has been going on of late).

I am now working on a -00- to be submitted before the 5 PM ET deadline 
today.  So, it's all good for me :).

regards,
Lakshminath

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:04:37 -0800

James, Everyone,

Right now the system is not configured to provide confirmation, but we
certainly understand why this is desirable and are working to put something
satisfactory in place.

Regards,
Alexa

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:09:32 +0200

> This is a -00 individual submission.  There is no prior version.

FWIW, it now worked for me. Also a -00 individual with no prior  
version (draft-cotton-tsvwg-iana-ports-00).

Lars

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:16:28 -0500

Huh

Third time was the charm.  It worked.  You should ignore the email
submission I sent as a backup

Brian

> Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 3:05 PM
> To: James M. Polk; Brian Rosen; 'Lars Eggert'; 'ext Ray Pelletier'

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:18:18 -0500

Worked for me, too, on a -00 rev.

- Ralph