Subject: 71st IETF - Preliminary Agenda

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:13:05 -0800 (PST)

Here is the URL to the preliminary agenda
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/71/agenda.html
We should be able to get it on the meeting web page early next week.

I am still working on a few scheduling issues, but please give me your
feedback.

Two groups that are not currently showing on this agenda are NETCONF and
ROLL.  Regarding NETCONF, while testing the tool last week for problems, I
discovered one when I experimented with NETCONF.  I did not realize this
was a problem until I actually started scheduling so was unable to report
this particular issue.  NETCONF is currently scheduled for Monday at
1740-1950.  Regarding ROLL, I apologize I missed scheduling it but will do
so while I am making adjustments to the agenda.

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

Marcia

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:07:52 +0000

>Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.
Hi Marcia,

The following slot has a conflict for me:

TUESDAY, March 11, 2008:

1850-1950 Afternoon Session IV
Breakout Room    APP    sieve    Sieve Mail Filtering Language WG
Breakout Room    SEC    kitten    Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) WG

As I am chairing both working groups. Is it possible to move 2 Sieve 
slots on Tuesday to some other time?
(Or move Kitten)

Thanks,
Alexey

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 15:12:24 -0500

> slots on Tuesday to some other time?

Hm.  It seems like an obvious solution would be to move SIEVE to the 
Tuesday morning slot, which has only six meetings, no APP groups, and no 
obvious conflicts for SIEVE.

-- Jeff

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 20:15:29 +0000

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> Tuesday morning slot, which has only six meetings, no APP groups, and 
> no obvious conflicts for SIEVE.

Yes, this would work.

1520-1720 slot on Monday would work as well (if there is space).

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 17:08:16 -0500

If possible, please separate the OPS and SEC area meetings.

THURSDAY, March 13, 2008
1300-1500 Afternoon Session I
OPS opsawg Operations and Management Area Working Group WG
SEC saag Security Area Open Meeting

Russ

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 17:14:58 -0500

Three SEC Area sessions in one slot seems like a problem to me:

TUESDAY, March 11, 2008
1850-1950 Afternoon Session IV
Breakout Room SEC msec Multicast Security WG
Breakout Room SEC kitten Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) WG
Breakout Room SEC pkix Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) WG

My suggestion is to find a different placement for MSEC.

Russ

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:36:29 +0100

Right now this is not a conflict as this is not the OPSAREA meeting, but
the OPSAWG. 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Russ Housley
> Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 12:08 AM
> To: IETF Agenda; The IESG
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: 71st IETF - Preliminary Agenda 
> 
> >Two groups that are not currently showing on this agenda are NETCONF 
> >and ROLL.  Regarding NETCONF, while testing the tool last week for 
> >problems, I discovered one when I experimented with NETCONF. 
>  I did not 
> >realize this was a problem until I actually started 
> scheduling so was 
> >unable to report this particular issue.  NETCONF is 
> currently scheduled 
> >for Monday at 1740-1950.  Regarding ROLL, I apologize I missed 
> >scheduling it but will do so while I am making adjustments 
> to the agenda.
> >

---

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:27:04 +0100

It seems that we are missing NETCONF and CANMOD ??

Bert Wijnen 

> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]Namens
> IETF Agenda
> Verzonden: zaterdag 9 februari 2008 19:13
> Aan: The IESG
> CC: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Onderwerp: 71st IETF - Preliminary Agenda 
> 
>

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:28:46 +0200

> Breakout Room    INT    shim6    Site Multihoming by IPv6
> Intermediation WG
> Breakout Room    INT    mipshop    Mobility for IP: Performance,
> Signaling and Handoff Optimization WG

This is a conflict for me (I'm the AD for both groups). But one that I
can live with, if resolving this conflict causes some other scheduling
problems...

> Breakout Room    INT    autoconf    Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration WG
> Breakout Room    OPS    v6ops    IPv6 Operations WG
... and then later on another day ...

> Breakout Room    INT    netlmm    Network-based Localized Mobility
> Management WG
> Breakout Room    OPS    v6ops    IPv6 Operations WG

These are a conflict for me, because I'm the AD for autoconf/netlmm and
v6ops will have a topic that I need to be in. I'd like there to be one
slot of v6ops that I can go to. If you can resolve this, it would be
great. Worse issue than the previous one.

In addition, things missing: the INT ADs asked CSI, TICTOC, and SAVI to
be scheduled. CSI and TICTOC are, but SAVI is missing. It is more likely
than not that the session will be canceled, but we still have a glimmer
of hope that the WG can be founded before Philadelphia. Please keep a 1
hour slot reserved for SAVI as well; conflicts with my INT area groups
and RTG/OPS/SEC area meetings.

Jari

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:18:04 -0500

Ooops.  Thank for catching my mistake.

Russ

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:53:56 +0200

> I am still working on a few scheduling issues, but please give me your

Important: TCPM needs a slot. I don't know if the chairs forgot to put  
in a request (if so, I am owed beer now), but please schedule them for  
2 hours. (For example, Wednesday Afternoon I.)

MONDAY, March 10, 2008
1740-1950 Afternoon Session III
Breakout Room     IRTF iccrg   	Internet Congestion Control Research  
Group
Breakout Room     TSV  fecframe 	FEC Framework WG

Conflict. ICCRG draws mostly TSV folks. (But FRECFRAME doesn't have  
too many participants, so it's not major.)

THURSDAY, March 13, 2008
0900-1130 Morning Session I
Breakout Room     TSV  nsis    	Next Steps in Signaling WG
Breakout Room     TSV  pcn     	Congestion and Pre-Congestion  
Notification WG

PCN and NSIS have an overlap in authors and attendees. Please separate.

Personal conflicts: RRG-DCCP and INTAREA-PCN. Would be nice if those  
were resolved, but I can arrange things if they can't.

Thanks,
Lars

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:14:55 -0800

Please treat TLS as a second-tier conflict with lemonade as I would like to 
attend both and would prefer more apps people have the opportunity to 
attend the TLS WG.

		- Chris

---

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:27:15 -0500

Marcia,

I submitted a very late request for a slot for the kmart BOF, which  
did not make the first version of the agenda.  Any chance we will be  
able to get a slot?  I have found one co-chair, and he will be  
attending the full week so I have no constraints on the day.  BTW, I  
believe that this session will have enough interest to survive a  
Friday AM timeslot.

BTW, I have *really* poor network connectivity this week, so my  
participation in the agenda discussion will be spotty at best.  I  
realize that is unfortunate with Sam on leave.  Please feel free to  
call my cell phone 301-906-2813 if you need to discuss scheduling for  
kmart or any security area session.

Thanks,

Tim Polk

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:55:55 -0800

On Feb 12, 2008, at 7:27 AM, Tim Polk wrote:

> did not make the first version of the agenda.  Any chance we will  
> be able to get a slot?  I have found one co-chair, and he will be  
> attending the full week so I have no constraints on the day.  BTW,  
> I believe that this session will have enough interest to survive a  
> Friday AM timeslot.

I'd believe that.
However RRG is on Friday morning :-(

I hope I'm not speaking just for myself :-)

> call my cell phone 301-906-2813 if you need to discuss scheduling  
> for kmart or any security area session.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim Polk

---

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:20:46 -0500

Oops.  I am not sure if rrg waas on my do not conflict list, but it  
should have been!

Tim

On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:55 AM, Lixia Zhang wrote:

>> I submitted a very late request for a slot for the kmart BOF,  
>> which did not make the first version of the agenda.  Any chance we  
>> will be able to get a slot?  I have found one co-chair, and he  
>> will be attending the full week so I have no constraints on the  
>> day.  BTW, I believe that this session will have enough interest  
>> to survive a Friday AM timeslot.
>
> I'd believe that.
>> realize that is unfortunate with Sam on leave.  Please feel free  
>> to call my cell phone 301-906-2813 if you need to discuss  
>> scheduling for kmart or any security area session.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tim Polk
>

---

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:21:53 -0500

Tim

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:59:28 -0500

Any chance we can move rpsec earlier in the week, preferrably on monday
or tuesday?

:-)

Russ

IETF Agenda wrote:
| Here is the URL to the preliminary agenda
| https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/71/agenda.html
| We should be able to get it on the meeting web page early next week.
|
| I am still working on a few scheduling issues, but please give me your
| feedback.
|
| Two groups that are not currently showing on this agenda are NETCONF and
| ROLL.  Regarding NETCONF, while testing the tool last week for problems, I
| discovered one when I experimented with NETCONF.  I did not realize this
| was a problem until I actually started scheduling so was unable to report
| this particular issue.  NETCONF is currently scheduled for Monday at
| 1740-1950.  Regarding ROLL, I apologize I missed scheduling it but will do
| so while I am making adjustments to the agenda.
|
| Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.
|
| Marcia

- --
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:49:46 +0200

Hi, secretariat (BCC'ed),

it's been five days since the initial agenda was posted. There have  
been numerous requests for changes, some quite critical. Can you  
please start communicating how these will be addressed?

Thanks,
Lars

---

From: "Marcia Beaulieu via RT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:53:37 -0800

Lars,

I will be starting to move things around in the next few days.  Since
the first go around with the agenda, approximately 50 messages have come
regarding scheduling as well as a few new scheduling requests. Since
some of the messages have added additional/fewer conflicts to their
list, it impacts scheduling of the whole agenda.

Marcia