Subject: 71st IETF - Draft Agenda version 2

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:33:43 -0800 (PST)

I have updated the draft agenda trying to resolve the conflict requests
that were submitted.  Unfortunately, not all were able to be accommodated
and there are still some conflicts and possibly some new ones.

This agenda is very full, there are only a few slots left available which
makes resolving conflicts even more challenging.

The issue with NETCONF not showing up on the agenda has not been resolved
but it is on the agenda and still scheduled for Monday at 1740-1950.  We
should get this issue resolved this week.

You can view the updated agenda at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/71/agenda.html

Best regards,

Marcia

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:45:34 -0500

> makes resolving conflicts even more challenging.

Understood, and this looks like it's generally a wonderful compromise.

But... of course there's a "but"...
I wonder if you could do something about Lemonade and IDN both being on Friday 
morning.  I'm guessing that IDN has a long conflict list, so maybe there's 
nothing better you can do.  But I think that many of the email-related people 
will want to follow IDN, so it probably shouldn't conflict with the email-related 
sessions (lemonade, sieve, dkim, eai, asrg) if you can manage that.

Who'd'a thought there'd be a schedule conflict on Friday, eh?

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, DKIM working group chair  ([email-masked])
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/leiba
http://www.research.ibm.com/spam

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:01:20 -0800

At Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:33:43 -0800 (PST),
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/71/agenda.html

Having KMART and RRG both on Friday seems a bit problematic,
since it's likely to be a heavily overlapping RTG crowd.
Looking through the agenda, what about swapping KMART with
MSEC?

-Ekr

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:18:59 +0000

> Looking through the agenda, what about swapping KMART with

Or, DTNRG with RRG? DTNRG would prefer Friday if that worked,
S.

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:29:05 -0800

> Looking through the agenda, what about swapping KMART with

I have several conflicts on Friday morning.  MSEC doesn't need more than 
1 hr (that's what we asked for).  I am ok with moving it to 15:10-16:10 
on Wednesday, if Tim is ok with it.  (I can't recall whether he is Area 
Advisor for LTANS).

regards,
Lakshminath

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:45:03 -0500

On Feb 20, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Lakshminath Dondeti wrote:

> I have several conflicts on Friday morning.  MSEC doesn't need more  
> than 1 hr (that's what we asked for).  I am ok with moving it to  
> 15:10-16:10 on Wednesday, if Tim is ok with it.  (I can't recall  
> whether he is Area Advisor for LTANS).

The movement of KMART to the MSEC's current slot is fine with me (in  
fact, it is preferable).
Thanks,
Acee

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:05:04 -0800

> The movement of KMART to the MSEC's current slot is fine with me (in 

To summarize, perhaps the following works best:

KMART in MSEC's current slot and MSEC to 15:10-16:10 slot (there are 
only six meetings then and assuming the hotel people don't need the 
space to rearrange for the plenary).

I would like to attend KMART too and it works best if it is on Wednesday 
rather than on Friday (along with RADEXT and other sessions).

regards,
Lakshminath

---

From: "Eastlake III Donald-LDE008" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:24:24 -0500

I would also like KMART moved to the current MSEC slot.

Donald 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Acee Lindem
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:45 PM
To: Lakshminath Dondeti
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
IETF Agenda
Subject: Re: 71st IETF - Draft Agenda version 2

---

From: "Ross Callon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:49:59 -0500

I agree. 

This puts kmart against very little in the routing area (it would be up
against Scalable Adaptive Multicast Research Group and OPSarea and NSIS,
which would be much better than nearly any other session that I can
see). 

Thanks, Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Eastlake III Donald-LDE008
Sent: 20 February 2008 13:24
To: Acee Lindem; Lakshminath Dondeti
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
IETF Agenda
Subject: RE: 71st IETF - Draft Agenda version 2

Donald

---

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:33:23 -0500

I am also fine with the proposed scheduling change...

I am sure that Pasi and I can work something out to ensure AD
coverage of both msec and ltans.

Tim

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:01:15 -0600

(*mumble*) IDN (*mumble*) BOFs on Friday (*mumble*).

Aside from the minor conflict between IDN and LEMONADE (gee, it would 
be nice to have some e-mail folks in both of those), putting BOFs on 
Friday is almost always a bad thing. BOFs should be as early in the 
week as possible.

Wednesday AM looks like a lovely time for IDN.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102