Subject: ID-tracker and RFC editor's queue

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:16:17 +0200

Are there any thoughts about providing input from the RFC editor's queue
(and the associated RFC editor status mails) automatically into the
ID-tracker.

Whenever I check the status of all the WG items I essentially find
myself needing to check what is essentially two databases, and it would
be easier to only check one and get all the available information there.

Additionally, because of the potential time difference between the
updates to the two databases, I was recently looking for a draft (not
one of mine) that ID tracker said was in the RFC editor's queue, but
because it had been published, no trace appeared of it in the RFC editor
queue.

Regards

Keith

---

From: Michelle Cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:51:15 -0700

Hi Keith,

IANA is currently working on this type of integration with the I-D tracker and when we had discussions in the recent past with RFC-Editor, it was thought that once we figured out the communication between the tools that the RFC-Editor might be able to use the same method of automatic status messages.

We are working with Bill and Henrik on this now.

Just letting you know of ongoing efforts to improve information sharing.

Michelle Cotton
IANA

On 4/4/08 4:16 AM, "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Regards

Keith