Subject: 72nd IETF - Registration Receipts

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:22:50 -0700 (PDT)

The following message has information regarding the new process on
receipts for the IETF registration fee, Letter of Invitation procedure and
clarification on Citywest Hotel reservation policies.

72nd IETF Meeting
Dublin, Ireland
July 27-August 1, 2008
Host: Alcatel-Lucent

Meeting Payment Receipt
When you pay your IETF 72 meeting fee, you will automatically receive a
PDF of your receipt via email. The receipt will come from
[email-masked] and the subject of the email will be “IETF 72 Receipt”.
This PDF serves as your official meeting receipt. We will no longer be
handing out receipts with your registration packet onsite, nor will we be
requiring you to sign a copy of your receipt for our own records. However,
if you lose the receipt that has been emailed to you, we can reissue it --
both in advance of, and on site at, IETF 72.  Send your request for a copy
of your receipt to [email-masked]

Letters of Invitation
Letters of Invitation (LOI) are now generated automatically upon your
request. Once you register for the meeting you will be given a link to
request a LOI. The LOI will then come to you via email as a PDF, from
[email-masked] with the subject “IETF 72 Letter of Invitation”.  The
link to request a LOI is also in your meeting confirmation receipt and
more information is provided here:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/72/72-LOI.html.

A further note on the Visa process for Ireland. The Visa application will
ask you to provide information on your contact/host/reference for your
time in Ireland. When you come to this question, the host/reference should
be the IETF, and you should provide the Citywest Hotel address, which is:

Citywest Hotel
Saggart, Co
Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +00353 1 401 0500

Citywest Hotel Terms & Conditions
At present Citywest is unable to modify the Terms & Conditions which
appear in the email confirmation sent by their registration system. Please
ignore the terms in the email and refer instead to the below, and to their
website here: http://www.citywesthotel.com/site/ietf.aspx

Contract Excerpt:

3.16 All Reservations are transferable.

4.10 Cancellation: Individuals can cancel the reservation without penalty
up to 3 days prior to arrival. In case of cancellation less than 3 days
prior to the event or non-arrival or no-show, the Hotel holds the right to
charge the individuals one nights stay.

The relevant extract of the contract is also available for download as a
PDF here: 
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/iaoc/attachment/wiki/CityWest/Citywest_Contract_Executed_Extract.pdf?format=raw

Only 100 days until the Dublin IETF! 
Online registration for the IETF meeting is at: 
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/72/