Subject: Re: wg mail archives

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:02:50 +0200

Hi Ignacio,

This is apparently the result of the old NSS mailserver being subscribed
to some lists.  It shouldn't be, any more, but it's not particularly
harmful -- the only thing someone could do with those password is to
change the subscription setup for megatron, which doesn't matter that
much...

But megatron should be removed, anyway.  Bcc'ing [email-masked] .

Regards,

	Henrik

On 2008-04-11 03:48 Ignacio Goyret said the following:
> Hi,
> Sorry to interrupt the blue sheet discussion, but I'm thinking the
> following two messages were not intended to be posted to the
> mailing list archives, right?
> 
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/l2tpext/current/msg01158.html
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/l2tpext/current/msg01159.html
> 
> 
> Somehow, posting passwords to a public archive doesn't seem like
> a good idea to me... ;-)
> 
> Other WGs may have similar messages in their archives.
> 
> Cheers,
> -Ignacio
> 
>

---

From: Ignacio Goyret <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:48:44 -0700

Hi,

Cheers,
-Ignacio

---

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:20:26 -0400

Ignacio,

The password reminders only appeared in the archives once, on 1 
February.  It was an issue at the time of the cut-over from NSS to 
AMS.

AMS has already fixed things so that such messages will not appear 
again (and in fact they have not the last couple months).  However, 
cleaning up the archives is a bit more tedious.

It will get done soon!

Thanks,

Jim

-- On Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:48 PM -0700 Ignacio Goyret 
<[email-masked]> wrote regarding wg mail archives --