Subject: Re-activation of TMDA in front of mailing lists on ietf.org

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 23:34:07 +0200

Hi,

Between Glen of the AMS and myself, we've now worked out a way to put
TMDA in place in front of all the mailing list without requiring manual
work and maintenance for each individual list.

The setup will use one common whitelist for all the lists.  The whitelist
will be pre-seeded with all the current regular subscribers to any of the
mailing lists on ietf.org.  People who aren't subscribed to any list will
be required to confirm their first posting.
  
The old whitelist apparently had more than 40 000 entries, which I believe
is a lot more than the number of people currently subscribed to the mailing
lists.  In order to both keep the size of the whitelist reasonable, and to
regularly clean out entries for robots, we propose to let non-subscriber
entries on the whitelist time out after 6 months, which will mean that
non-subscribers will need to acknowledge a posting every 6 months or so.

We plan to put this in place in two days, on Tuesday May 6th, around
17:00 GMT.

Any comments on the above, before we go ahead?

	Henrik

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 14:07:09 -0400

Yippee!

> Any comments on the above, before we go ahead?

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.