Subject: ID Nit Tool for ID Submissions

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:25:29 -0700

WG Chairs,

It is our good fortune to have Henrik at the AMS office this week. As a
result of the earlier email discussion about what sort of formatting should
or should not be considered required in an internet draft, Henrik has
updated the Idnits Tool webservice (found here:
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/ or here:
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/submitcheck) so that AMS staff, when
verifying IDs prior to posting, can now use the appropriate mode
(submitchecking mode) of the tool. Previously AMS had access only to a
stricter version of the tool through the webservice, which is why some
submissions were returned to the author even though they actually should
have been accepted.

Many thanks for Henrik for putting this together so quickly for us!

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>