Subject: Re: Alternative to TMDA to be deployed

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 15:11:53 +0200

Followup:

On 2008-07-30 10:26 James M Galvin said the following:
> 
> -- On Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:57 AM +0900 Martin Duerst 
> <[email-masked]> wrote regarding Re: Alternative to TMDA to 
> be deployed --
> 
>> Gavin - As far as I understand, subaddresses are purely a matter
>> of the receiving mailing system. This means that postconfirm has
>> no right to eliminate any '+' and following characters on the
>> left hand side, because that might be a truely different address
>> on some mail servers.
> 
> Right.  I'm not suggesting that postconfirm should pay attention to 
> subaddresses.  I point it out only because "[email-masked]" 
> never got a confirmation request but the subaddress email address 
> did.  So it seemed a detail worth mentioning.

This has now been tracked down to a whitelist update failure (the
whitelist used by postconfirm at the time did not contain the latest
mailing list subscription addresses) and it has been fixed.

Please report any further anomalies you may see, so we can fix them,
too.

Best,

	Henrik