Subject: Materials Upload

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:40:59 -0600

Currently it doesn't work to upload meeting materials to the materials site
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_proceedings.cgi) if you're trying
to do it over IPv6.  Works fine over IPv4.  The NOC is being notified as I
write this, and will have it sorted out in a short time, I'm sure.

	Henrik

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:46:57 -0500

On Nov 17, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

> to do it over IPv6.  Works fine over IPv4.

On my Mac, at least, this means that you have to manually turn off  
IPv6 in System Preferences:Networking:Advanced
to upload presentations.

It apparently tries IPv6 first, and hangs.

Regards
Marshall

>  The NOC is being notified as I

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:15:46 -0600

Draft upload didn't work for me, so I adjusted my MTU to 1300 and it 
started working.

I have notified the noc.

Jari

---

From: "Bill Fenner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:35:52 -0800

One of the IPv6 transport providers between the meeting and AMS's data
center has an apparent MTU of around 1450.  The NOC is working on
adjusting the v6 router advertisements to automatically adjust
everyone's MTU, but it is not as straightforward as it sounds.

  Bill