Subject: More timing issues

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:11:11 +0900

The draft upload page (https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi)
currently says:

The cut off time for the I-D submission was 5 PM (ET), 2008-11-03.
The I-D submission tool will be reopened at midnight, 2008-11-17

The first time (5pm ET) is obviously still wrong. What's currently
more important is the reopening time. It says "midnight, 2008-11-17".
Is that 00:00 hours on 2008-11-17 (i.e. at the start of that day)
or 24:00 hours (i.e. at the end of that day)? Also, in which timezone?
(if ET were correct, I'd guess it might be ET, but as ET was wrong,
I wonder what it will be this time).

Overall, moving to a more standardized and unambiguous notation
may really help. What e.g. about 2008-11-03 17:00-05:00 (if it was
really Eastern time)?

In general, maybe this could help: "Even in the U.S., the widely
respected Chicago Manual of Style now recommends using the
international standard time notation in publications."
(from http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html).

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]