Subject: Eastern Time versus Pacific Time

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:52:57 -0800

(This message is BCC'd to ietf-action.)

It is annoying (to put it mildly) when
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/73/73-cutoff_dates.html says:

  November 3, Monday - Internet Draft final submission cut-off by 
  17:00 PT (01:00 Tuesday, November 4 UTC/GMT), upload using IETF ID 
  Submission Tool.

but the submission tool at https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi says:

  The I-D submission tool will be shut down at 5 PM (ET) today, and 
  reopened at midnight (ET), 2008-11-17

and the submission tool is enforcing that eastern-time cutoff.  I asked the
submitter to email their submission to [email-masked].

-d

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:22:56 -0700

The tool worked till 5 pm pacific, but agree there was a bug on the  
text.

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:28:27 -0800

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 6:23 PM
> To: Dan Wing
> Cc: 'WG Chairs'
> Subject: Re: Eastern Time versus Pacific Time
> 
> 

That's good for most that didn't read the text, I guess.

-d

> > but the submission tool at 
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi 
> >  says:
> >

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 21:42:57 -0500

Screwed me up in that I had dinner after submitting well before 8pm  
ET, saw the Authentication e-mail, clicked on the link, which went  
nowhere. Could it be I clicked on the link at 8:01pm ET? That would  
p*ss me off....

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:48:31 -0500

Hi Eric,
   I don't believe that you missed the cutoff. I think this is just a 
problem with the datatracker server. We are allowed to authenticate 
until Nov 6. I have opened ticket number #11476 regarding this and I 
will let you know when this is resolved.

Cheers
Suresh

Eric Burger wrote:
> Screwed me up in that I had dinner after submitting well before 8pm ET, 
> saw the Authentication e-mail, clicked on the link, which went nowhere. 
> Could it be I clicked on the link at 8:01pm ET? That would p*ss me off....
>

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:43:26 -0500

Some good news:
This did get fixed, and life is good!
--
- Eric