Subject: Meet-and-Greet Update

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:33:37 -0800

WG Chairs,

As noted in an earlier email, first-time IETF meeting attendees and WG  
Chairs are invited to gather for a Meet-and-Greet this coming Sunday,  
November 16th between 4-5pm, directly prior to the official IETF  
Welcome Reception.

The get-to-together will take place in the Carver's Restaurant, which  
is off of the main lobby. We will provide beer/wine/soft drinks as  
well as light (cold) appetizers. Please join us and, if at all  
possible, please wear your badge.

I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Kind regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:43:50 -0600

>possible, please wear your badge.

I may have missed one request, are there going to be WG identifiers 
on our badges (so the 1st time attendees know who is representing what WG)?

Or is this left to us (or them) to determine...

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:56:20 -0800

We are going to provide peel-off labels to all WG Chairs, and ask that  
you write your name and working group(s) on that label, and then affix  
it to the badge holder so that it covers your main IETF badge. The  
label will easily peel off at the conclusion of the Meet-and-Greet.

We are also providing hard copies of the attached document to all  
first-timers.

Alexa

-----------

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:07:17 -0600

>label will easily peel off at the conclusion of the Meet-and-Greet.

outstanding!

---

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:52:39 -0800

Last night at a small conference, the organizers directed the newcomers to
count themselves off from 1 to 12, and the oldtimers separately counted
themselves off from 1 to 12.  Then all the 1s, 2s, etc found their groups
around the room and introduced each other.  It was an effective way of
mixing the groups right off the bat and breaking up the old conversations of
oldtimers :)

Lisa