Subject: 74th IETF - DRAFT Agenda

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:45:27 -0800 (PST)

The Draft agenda can now be viewed at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/74/agenda.html

Please note that the confirmation message you received may not reflect
the correct session length.  All efforts were made to schedule the groups
without any conflicts but unfortunately that was unavoidable.

The cutoff date for requests to reschedule Working Group and BOF meetings
is Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 17:00 PST (01:00 Thursday, February 26
UTC/GMT).  Please send you requests to: [email-masked].

Online registration for the IETF meeting is at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/74/

Only 36 days until the San Francisco IETF!

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:10:42 +0000

>without any conflicts but unfortunately that was unavoidable.
Hi,
I have a couple of conflict. I wonder if anything can be done about them:

"sieve" conflicts with "xmpp2" during the 1740-1940 slot on Monday. 
Would it be possible to resolve this conflict by doing one of the 
following things:
1). swap xmpp2 session with avt on the same date (1300-1500 slot)
2). swap sieve session with idnabis on the same date (1300-1500 slot)

"oauth" conflicts with "morg" during the 1300-1500 slot on Wednesday 
(this is less serious conflict than the one above).
One suggestion is to swap one of them with alto (1300-1500 slot on 
Thursday).

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 14:16:35 -0600

There seems to be a nearly complete conflict of two groups the same 
folks attend:

         - ECRIT
and
         - Geopriv

I would guess 80% of the attendees of each WG attend the other WG.

I know I will be presenting IDs into both WGs, and I'm not alone.

Can one of the two be moved, please?

James

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:55:03 +0200

> MONDAY, March 23, 2009
> 0900-1130 Morning Session I
> Breakout 3    INT    csi    Cga & Send maIntenance WG
> Breakout 7    TSV    shara    Sharing of an IPv4 Address BOF

I'd like to avoid this conflict, but I guess that is not doable. I'll 
need to be in SHARA, but luckily CSI is in relatively OK state. Is 
Marcelo (chair of CSI) going to be in Shara? He has been a key 
contributor in this area before.

> TUESDAY, March 24, 2009
>
> 0900-1130 Morning Session I
> Breakout 5    INT    autoconf    Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration WG
> Breakout 7    TSV    behave    Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
> Avoidance WG

Not great either, but maybe the Behave chairs can set up their schedule 
so that the v4-v6 work does not collide with this?

> WEDNESDAY, March 25, 2009
>
> 0900-1015 Morning Session I
> Breakout 6    INT    6ai    IPv6 Address Independence BOF
> Breakout 8    TSV    behave    Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
> Avoidance WG

We should avoid this conflict. 6AI is based on translation technology, 
and there is a large overlap with the people involved in 6AI and the 
ones involved in Behave's v4-v6 translation work, and NAT work in general.

> 1030-1130 Morning Session II
> Breakout 6    INT    6ai    IPv6 Address Independence BOF
> Breakout 8    TSV    behave    Behavior Engineering for Hindrance 
> Avoidance W

As above.

>
> FRIDAY, March 27, 2009
> 0900-1130 Morning Session I
> Breakout 3    INT    dhc    Dynamic Host Configuration WG
> Breakout 4    IRTF    rrg    Routing Research Group

If this were avoidable, it would be great. But maybe it isn't...

> 1300-1400 Afternoon Session I
> Breakout 5    INT    6man    IPv6 Maintenance WG
> Breakout 4    IRTF    rrg    Routing Research Group

As above.

Jari

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:23:57 +0100

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> (this is less serious conflict than the one above).  One suggestion
> is to swap one of them with alto (1300-1500 slot on Thursday).

If possible, oauth should not conflict with emu (currently, it does),
but having oauth at the same time as saag (1300-1500 Thursday) would
be much worse.

Best regards,
Pasi

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:29:08 -0500

Any chance of swapping ECRIT with MEDIACTRL? Two of the four primary  
contributors for drafts are in Europe, and having a morning session  
instead of an afternoon session would be really, really kind for them.