Subject: WG/BOF Chair Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:03:42 -0700 (PDT)

Important Information for Session Chairs at IETF 74

Note Well

•  The Note Well text is available online at
http://www.ietf.org/NoteWell-IETF74.ppt and in the front pages of the IETF
74 meeting booklet you were given during registration.

Blue Sheets

•  Please remember to circulate the blue sheets for your session. 
•  At the end of your session, please turn the blue sheets in to the
Secretariat at the registration desk. 
•  Please DO NOT remove the clipboards from this room.  They will be
needed in the session that has the room after your group.

Audio/Visual and Meeting Room Issues

•  If you are having issues with the A/V equipment in your meeting room,
or are having a problem with the environment in your meeting room (e.g.
noise, temperature), please send a trouble ticket to [email-masked].  Please
be as specific as possible in your message, and remember to include the
room name.

Network/Connectivity and Audio Streaming Issues

•  If you are having trouble connecting to the IETF network, please send
a trouble ticket to [email-masked].  Please be as specific as possible in
your message.  If you are unable to send email, please visit the Help Desk
in the Terminal Room (California Room on the Ballroom Level).

Presentation Slides

•  Please encourage all presenters to upload meeting slides prior to the
meeting.  For those that you do not receive prior to the meeting, please
take a few minutes to upload them at the very start of the meeting.  This
is particularly helpful to remote participants, since while they can
follow discussion via the jabber room and audio stream, they cannot view
meeting slides unless those slides have been uploaded.

Jabber

•  At the start of the meeting, please ask if someone in the room is
willing to act as "scribe" for the jabber room.
•  The scribe should then join the conference room, and he/she types a
running commentary as to what is going on in the room (e.g. if a speaker
makes a presentation, the scribe types the URL for the presentation into
the jabber room.)
•  During question time, a remote participant can type a question into the
room and the scribe will pass it on to the speaker.

Audio Streaming

•  The audio streaming can only pick up sound from directly around the
microphone, so it is important both that you speak directly into the
microphone and also that you remind any meeting participants that they
must come up to the microphone if they want to speak.

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:10:49 -0700

Hi,

any chance the secretariat, NOC and A/V folks could also be available  
over jabber (jabber accounts or chat rooms)?

I've often found this more direct than email for getting issues/ 
reported resolved.

Lars

On 2009-3-16, at 14:03, IETF Secretariat wrote:

> �  The Note Well text is available online at
> �  Please remember to circulate the blue sheets for your session.
> �  At the end of your session, please turn the blue sheets in to the
> �  Please DO NOT remove the clipboards from this room.  They will be
> �  If you are having issues with the A/V equipment in your meeting  
> room,
> �  If you are having trouble connecting to the IETF network, please  
> send
> �  Please encourage all presenters to upload meeting slides prior  
> to the
> �  At the start of the meeting, please ask if someone in the room is
> �  The scribe should then join the conference room, and he/she  
> types a
> �  During question time, a remote participant can type a question  
> into the
> �  The audio streaming can only pick up sound from directly around  
> the