Subject: Many WGs need to post agendas for IETF 74

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:37:09 -0400

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/74/materials.html

Look at the number of WG and BOF sessions that do not have an agenda 
posted!  It is much easier to count the number of session that have 
posted agendas.  ONLY SIXTEEN!

Today is the posting cut-off for Internet-Drafts, so by the end of 
today you should know which documents will actually be ready for you 
session.  Please post an agenda in the next few days.

Russ

---

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:50:48 +0200

Russ,
The deadline is March 11, so there are two more days
Roni Even

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Russ Housley
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 5:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Many WGs need to post agendas for IETF 74

Russ

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 08:55:50 -0700

> posted agendas.  ONLY SIXTEEN!

Trying, so far we've got 4 draft authors that are presenting  that won't
be there, which I'm seeing as something of a liability.

> Today is the posting cut-off for Internet-Drafts, so by the end of today
> you should know which documents will actually be ready for you session. 
> Please post an agenda in the next few days.
> 
> Russ
>

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:01:08 -0400

You are correct.  The deadline is this coming Wednesday, but I have 
often seen more agendas posted two days prior to the deadline.  Just a nudge.

The deadline is here: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/74/cutoff-dates.html

Russ

At 11:50 AM 3/9/2009, Roni Even wrote:
>From: [email-masked]

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:22:58 -0400

I find it useful to post draft agendas prior to publication deadlines,  
to give WG members an approximation of the list of topics, and, as a  
practical matter, to give a reminder WG members who want an agenda  
slot but haven't asked for one yet...

- Ralph

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:38:02 -0500

err, isn't this why there is a *draft* agenda deadline one day and 
_then_ a *final* agenda deadline another day?

I'm just askin`...

At 12:22 PM 3/9/2009, Ralph Droms wrote:
>>The deadline is here: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/74/cutoff- dates.html
>>
>>Russ
>>

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:51:00 -0400

James - seems you have exposed the soon-to-be Internet AD as ignorant  
of some of our basic processes.  I wasn't aware that there is a draft  
agenda cut-off date.

There's more to learn about the IETF every day...

- Ralph

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 13:25:40 -0500

>of some of our basic processes.  I wasn't aware that there is a draft

My ADs are banging on me to get mine out by the draft agenda 
deadline, which is this Wed.

Sorry for exposing anything... wait, no I'm not

;-)

James

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:06:01 -0500

> session.  Please post an agenda in the next few days.

We usually do agenda development on the wiki before posting it to the  
IETF site, and have been doing so for weeks. Since it is painful to  
convert the wiki format into something that the IETF agenda tool can  
accept, it tends to get done AFTER the agenda has stabilized.

It would not surprise me to learn that other groups do something  
similar.

--
Dean

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:13:42 -0400

> Since it is painful to convert the
> wiki format into something that the IETF agenda tool can accept, it tends to
> get done AFTER the agenda has stabilized.

For a draft agenda, can't you just copy/paste from the viewed wiki
into a plain text file?

Barry

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:31:23 -0700

>There's more to learn about the IETF every day...

...which leads into a shameless plug for <http://www.ietf.org/tao.html>. WG chairs who are expecting a lot of newcomers might want to pass that along to their WGs; it might reset a few expectations.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium