Subject: WG Chair Training - REMINDER

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:00:19 -0700 (PDT)

We will, once again, be holding a WG chairs training lunch during the
Wednesday lunch slot at IETF 74 in San Francisco.  The discussion topic
will be IETF intellectual property -- both copyrights and patents.  This
is an area that has caused a lot of confusion for WG chairs and just about
everyone else, so this should be a good learning opportunity for all of
us.

Please RSVP to agenda at ietf.org by Thursday, March 19th.  A
complimentary
lunch will be provided, please note if you have special dietary
requirements.  The location will be sent to those who RSVP.

Hope to see you all in SF!
Margaret

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:26:09 -0400

Hi All,

I've attached the full agenda for the WG chairs training session in SF  
below, which will be held during the Wednesday lunch slot.  All WG  
chairs, BOF chairs, RG chairs, WG secretaries, IESG members, IAB  
members and EDU team members are welcome to attend.  If you want to  
attend this lunch, please RSVP to [email-masked] TODAY (Thursday,  
March 19th).  DO NOT reply to me.  RSVP to [email-masked].

This time around, our topic will be IPR -- both copyrights and  
patents.  I realize that this is a dry topic, but handling IPR issues  
is an essential part of our IETF jobs.  Don't wait  to understand  
these things until they come up in your group, or by the time you  
figure out what is going on you may have a big mess on your hands.

WG Chairs Training Lunch
Wednesday, 1130-1300,
Location TBD
=====================

The IETF Journal -- How can you contribute?  (5 Min)
Speaker:  Mirjam Keuhne

IETF IPR Status, RFC 5378 and Beyond (20 min)
Speaker:  Ed Juskevicius, IETF Trust Chair

- What are the problems with the recent IETF IPR changes,
  and what workarounds are available?
- How are we planning to fix the problems (and avoid a repeat)
going forward?
- What should you say to your WG, or to others who are waiting
for IETF output?
- How can you get your WG documents published?

IETF Patent Policies (15 min)
Speaker:  Scott Brim & Thomas Narten

- Review of the IETF patent policies.
- What are the disclosure requrements, and how do you file
a disclosure?
- What is a third-party disclosure and when is one needed?
- What do you do if IPR is disclosed on one of your WG drafts?

Round Table IPR Discussion (20 mins)
Panel:  Ed J., Scott Brim, Thomas Narten, Scott Bradner

- Bring your questions about the IPR process, including
specific issues in your own WGs, to the experts!

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:24:30 -0400

Did I miss an email here ? Where is the training to be ?

Marshall

On Mar 19, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've attached the full agenda for the WG chairs training session in  
> SF below, which will be held during the Wednesday lunch slot.  All  
> WG chairs, BOF chairs, RG chairs, WG secretaries, IESG members, IAB  
> patents.  I realize that this is a dry topic, but handling IPR  
> issues is an essential part of our IETF jobs.  Don't wait  to  
> understand these things until they come up in your group, or by the  
> time you figure out what is going on you may have a big mess on your  
> hands.
>

---

From: Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:26:40 +0200

In Imperial A

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Marshall Eubanks
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 20:25
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Working Group Chairs; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: WG Chair Training - REMINDER 

Marshall

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:58:09 +0100

Only the chairs who RSVPed get the location information sent and I think
this is fair.
The secretary needs to organize lunch for those who stated to come.

Cheers, 
Mehmet

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Marshall Eubanks
> Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:25 PM
> To: [email-masked]