Subject: Cluster Pages Now Available

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:23:25 -0700

Greetings Working Group Chairs,

It was brought to our attention that you might find the information
below useful.  We hope the pages help!

Thank you.

RFC Editor

----- Forwarded message from RFC Editor <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:28:38 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Subject: [rfc-i] Cluster Pages Now Available

Greetings All,

The RFC Editor has made pages available to show the clusters of  
documents that are linked by Normative References. Please see these  
pages for more information:
  http://www.rfc-editor.org/all_clusters.php
  http://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_def.html

The purpose of the new cluster pages is to make clear why specific  
drafts are being held (to authors, WG chairs, ADs, and other  
interested parties) and to aid in the RFC Editor's processing of  
documents. As noted on http://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_def.html:

A cluster is a set of 2 or more drafts that are moving through the  
RFC publication process together for one of the following reasons:

    * They are linked by normative references directly.

    * They are linked by normative references indirectly 
      (i.e., 2nd or 3rd generation).

    * There was a specific request from the IESG or authors for  
      simultaneous publication.

At this time, the cluster information is available from the queue  
page (http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue2.html), but not the XML version  
of the queue.

RFC Editor
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

----- End forwarded message -----