Subject: IETF 81: Vancouver or Quebec?

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:55:07 -0400

The IAOC has qualified two venues in Canada for IETF 81 (July 2011) -  
the Vancouver Westin Bayshore and the Quebec City Convention Centre -  
and would like input from the community from this survey as to its  
preference before a final decision is taken.  The survey closes 1 June  
2009.

Vancouver advantages include:

*  Rooms and meeting space under one roof
*  Many direct North American and International flights
*  Well known location for an IETF meeting (IETF64 and IETF74 were  
held here)

Quebec City advantages include:

*  Broader range of hotel guest room rates and less expensive
*  A new location, adjacent to a European-like historic district with  
numerous restaurants
*  Convention center a short walk from main hotels (several within a 5  
minute walk)

The survey is 8 questions long and should take less than 3 minutes.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=0t2hfr934_2bEfmiPDNyEdlA_3d_3d

Thank you for participating.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:38:37 -0500

On 5/22/09 at 2:55 PM -0400, Ray Pelletier wrote:

>*  A new location, adjacent to a European-like historic district 
>with numerous restaurants
>*  Convention center a short walk from main hotels (several within a 
>5 minute walk)

With no interest other than I like Quebec as a city and it's a bit 
closer (travel-time wise) to me: Do note that there are two hotels 
(the Hilton and the Delta) which are physically connected to the 
convention center. So it's a bit closer to an "under one roof" 
scenario than other convention centers we've dealt with.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:04:35 -0400

All;

The survey closes 1 June.

There have been nearly 400 votes cast.

Please let us know your preference.

Thanks

Ray

On May 22, 2009, at 2:55 PM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> The IAOC has qualified two venues in Canada for IETF 81 (July 2011)  
> - the Vancouver Westin Bayshore and the Quebec City Convention  
> Centre - and would like input from the community from this survey as  
> to its preference before a final decision is taken.  The survey  
> closes 1 June 2009.
>