Subject: IETF 81 Preference

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 20:29:37 -0400

On 22 May the IAOC asked your preference between Vancouver and Quebec  
City for the IETF 81st meeting location.

With more than 600 responding to the survey, you preferred Quebec City  
by 64% to 36%.

Support for Quebec City was widespread:
Asia - 63%
Europe - 68%
North America - 61%

Attended 6 of the last 6 meetings - 68.5%
Attended 1 of last 6 meetings - 51.6%
Attended a previous meeting in Vancouver - 67.2%

You can learn more, including preferences for future meeting  
locations, at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=t_2fbbgsnKxiEZQtkqJnseRhFhKYsLmoL7UYsdeKlPJNE_3d

The IAOC will be taking action on a location for IETF 81 and will make  
an announcement following execution of venue contracts.

Thanks for taking the survey and providing guidance on the selection  
of this future meeting location.

Ray Pelletier
IAD