Subject: Reminder: Meet and Greet for WG Chairs & New Attendees

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:12:09 -0700

WG Chairs,

This is a reminder that you are encouraged to attend the first-time  
attendee Meet-and-Greet from 4:30-5:30pm on Sunday, July 26, to be  
held in the "le Bon Palais" club of the City Conference Centre. From  
the main entrance of Folkets Hus, go down two flights of stairs and  
you will see the entrance to the nightclub. Once you see the burgundy  
velvet drapes, the enormous disco ball chandelier and the zebra print  
sofas, you will know that you've arrived.  As always, beer, wine,  
soda, and light appetizers will be provided.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:42:29 +0200

On 24 jul 2009, at 19.12, Alexa Morris wrote:

> you will see the entrance to the nightclub. Once you see the  
> burgundy velvet drapes, the enormous disco ball chandelier and the  
> zebra print sofas, you will know that you've arrived.  As always,  
> beer, wine, soda, and light appetizers will be provided.

Yeah, that nightclub is "well known" for their,  
hmm..."decorations"... ;-) Don't drink all beer and finish early, as  
the Newcomers orientation in Swedish is scheduled to run until  
16:50. :-)

I.e. a bunch of Swedish Newcomers will show up just before 17:00 I  
think, if I do not speak fast.

    Patrik

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:16:29 +0200

remind me - when is the reception at the city hall?

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 01:20:45 -0700

The reception starts at 6pm and ends at 8pm. While most people will  
probably walk to City Hall, there will also be buses available for  
those want them starting at 5:30pm See here for more information: http://www.ietf75.se/pages/social-events/

Alexa

On Jul 26, 2009, at 1:16 AM, Fred Baker wrote:

>> held in the "le Bon Palais" club of the City Conference Centre.  
>> From the main entrance of Folkets Hus, go down two flights of  
>> stairs and you will see the entrance to the nightclub. Once you see  
>> the burgundy velvet drapes, the enormous disco ball chandelier and  
>> the zebra print sofas, you will know that you've arrived.  As  
>> always, beer, wine, soda, and light appetizers will be provided.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alexa
>>
>> -----------

-----------

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:06:03 +0200

FWIW: I have got a bunch of email privately from people that had  
planned to go to the swedish newcomers orientation. They are worried  
(as all good swedes) that they will miss some free beer.

I.e. this conflict is in reality no problem, but people might be  
worried. So just be prepared if you get questions.

    Patrik

On 26 jul 2009, at 10.20, Alexa Morris wrote:

>>> This is a reminder that you are encouraged to attend the first- 
>>> time attendee Meet-and-Greet from 4:30-5:30pm on Sunday, July 26,  
>>> to be held in the "le Bon Palais" club of the City Conference  
>>> Centre. From the main entrance of Folkets Hus, go down two flights  
>>> of stairs and you will see the entrance to the nightclub. Once you  
>>> see the burgundy velvet drapes, the enormous disco ball chandelier  
>>> and the zebra print sofas, you will know that you've arrived.  As

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 13:08:08 +0200

> (as all good swedes) that they will miss some free beer.

I'm told, by my cousin, that the swedish custom when there is a  
question of whether there will be enough that one only takes half.

We'll only take half the remaining beer. Each.

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:41:26 +0200

On 26 jul 2009, at 13.08, Fred Baker wrote:

>> planned to go to the swedish newcomers orientation. They are  
>> worried (as all good swedes) that they will miss some free beer.
>

I finished at 16:00 (~100 people on the english session, and 5 in the  
swedish, out of which 3 was at the english one as well...)...now *I*  
am late...

    Patrik