Subject: Trust decision on new Trust Legal Provisions (TLP) Effective 12 September 2009

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:22:41 -0400

Greetings!

This message is to announce that the IETF Trustees have reached  
consensus on
a new version of the Trust Legal Provisions (TLP), to be effective 12  
September, 2009. The
Grace period for old-boilerplate will begin on that date, and last  
through 12 December, 2009.

The new document updating the  Trust Legal Provisions was approved by  
the Trustees after a consideration of "last call" comments in a  
telechat on September 3rd, and is available from

http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html

or directly at

http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf .

Informally, this version has been referred to as "TLP Version 3.0."

The requests for comments for this change were issued on June 23, 2009  
1:32:05 AM EDT and updated July 18, 2009 12:55:41 PM EDT, in messages  
entitled

Proposed Revisions to the IETF Trust Legal Provisions (TLP)

The Trustees would like to thank everyone who participated in the  
vigorous discussion about these changes.

The Trustees request that discussion of this response be on the
tlp-interest list, [email-masked], with cc to  
[email-masked] . This list can be joined here

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tlp-interest

A description of the changes from the previous Legal Provisions, those  
effective 15 February 2009 and to be obsoleted 12 September 2009, will  
be provided on that list.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:35:03 -0400

> be provided on that list.

Does anyone else hate it that one has to subscribe to yet another high
traffic, high dudgeon mailing list in order to find out things that
are directly relevant to the operation of the WG for which one has
nominal management responsibility?  I suppose I understand why this is
the case, but pointers to a web page would be nice in this case.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:54:30 -0400

> the case, but pointers to a web page would be nice in this case.

I think that that is a very reasonable suggestion and will see what  
can be done.

Regards
Marshall

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:58:30 -0400

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 11:54:30AM -0400, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> I think that that is a very reasonable suggestion and will see what can 
> be done.

Thanks.  To be clear, however, if everyone else is already subscribed
over there, I don't want to create work!  Maybe it's an effective
requirement of being chair, in which case I should just do my duty.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 14:52:00 +0900

I'm a (co-)chair (not for much longer), and I'm not subscribed to any 
'over-there' mailing list. Please make sure anything new and noteworthy 
re. chair's duties gets sent to this list.

Thanks,    Martin.

-- 
#-# Martin J. Dürst, Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:19:34 -0400

On Sep 7, 2009, at 11:58 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

>> can

No, preparing the explanation takes time, posting is quick.

I have had to fly to Paris for an expected talk and a bunch of  
unexpected work, which is slowing this
response down.

Regards
Marshall