Subject: WebEx Session Information

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:59:58 -0700

This is for WG Chairs who are using WebEx for their meeting sessions  
at IETF 77.

In order to assist you, we've prepared some guidelines to help you  
start your meeting.  Hard copies of these guidelines will be at the  
front table of your meeting room.

If you would like to review the guidelines before your meeting, they  
can be found online at http://www.ietf.org/private/ietf77-webex.html.  
Please note that you will need your Datatracker password to access  
this page, as it is located in a private area of the IETF website.  
This was done in order to protect the host keys, which are embedded in  
the guidelines.

There are three copies of the guidelines, one for each meeting room  
that will be using WebEx. The information in each PDF is unique, so  
please check to see which room (Redondo, California D, Manhattan) your  
WG session will be using.

All WebEx WG sessions are also listed on our website at http://www.ietf.org/meeting/77/webex.html 
. Included on this page is the URL required for joining the WebEx  
meeting as an attendee. We will also be sending this information out  
to the IETF community at large.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:15:57 -0700

At 9:59 PM -0700 3/20/10, Alexa Morris wrote:
>This is for WG Chairs who are using WebEx for their meeting sessions at IETF 77.

Thanks! One question: how much before our scheduled meeting slots can we log in to be sure everything is working? Do we need to wait until the meeting starts, or can we get set up 15 or 30 minutes early?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:19:40 -0700

Each meeting is configured to start at least 15 minutes early, but you  
are also a bit dependent on whether or not the meeting prior to yours  
has ended because you will need to connect to the in-room audio.

Alexa

On Mar 21, 2010, at 7:15 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Thanks! One question: how much before our scheduled meeting slots  
> can we log in to be sure everything is working? Do we need to wait  
> until the meeting starts, or can we get set up 15 or 30 minutes early?
>
> --Paul Hoffman, Director
> --VPN Consortium
>

-----------

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:46:04 -0700

At 7:19 AM -0700 3/21/10, Alexa Morris wrote:
>Each meeting is configured to start at least 15 minutes early, but you are also a bit dependent on whether or not the meeting prior to yours has ended because you will need to connect to the in-room audio.

Got it. For those of us in the 0900 slots (particularly IPsecME, which has the honor of being the first WebEx session this week), can we assume that the in-room audio setup will have already happened?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:53:36 -0700

you may assume that somone will be there to make sure that it goes off
smoothly.

Having everything up and running requires a different level or
organization from the wg chairs. e.g.  we need to start deploying
dedicated laptops with all the presentation materials accumulated on them.

some of our current practices actively preclude chaning our workflow to
something that would accommodate that. we did experiment with
continously connected conference calls it didn't work that well.

joel