Subject: IETF 78 - Registration

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

78th IETF Meeting 
Maastricht, Netherlands
July 25-30, 2010 
 
Registration for IETF 78 is now open!

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/78/

1. Registration Types
2. Visas and Letters of Invitation
3. Accommodations & Breakfast Information
4. IETF 79 (Beijing) Visa Information
5. Q-Fever in the Netherlands

1) Registration Types
A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 635.00
Register and pay before Friday, 16 July 2010 at 17:00 PDT (24:00 UTC) for
Early-Bird rate.

B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 785.00

C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00
Full-time students with proper ID are eligible to receive a special USD
150.00 student rate. Student rate is not subject to any late-fees.
Students will also be able to register on-site at the special student
rate. Failure to provide valid student ID on-site will revoke the special
student status.

CANCELLATION
The cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 19 July 2010 at 17:00
PDT (24:00 UTC). Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent)
cancellation fee.

Online Registration ends: Friday, 23 July 2010 at 17:00 PDT. After that
time, all payments (whether or not you have pre-registered) and
registrations must be made on-site. The Registration Fee will be USD 785.

Refund requests will not be honored beyond this point. Contact the IETF
Registrar, [email-masked], to cancel and request a refund.

On-site Registration
You can register onsite at the meeting in Maastricht, Netherlands starting
Sunday, 25 July 2010 at 12:00 noon local Maastricht time.

Meeting Schedule: Start Monday morning and run through Friday at 15:15
local time. Most training sessions will take place on Sunday afternoon 25
July 2010. Participants should plan their travel accordingly.

2) Letters of Invitation and Visas
Letters of Invitation
After you complete the meeting registration process, you will be given the
option to request a letter of invitation. You can request the Letter of
Invitation as soon as you finish registration, or at a later time by
following the link provided in the confirmation email.

Visas
Please check the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs site
(http://www.minbuza.nl/en/Services/Consular_Services/Visa) for list of
countries with visa exemptions.

We recommend you give yourself at least one month to complete the visa
process.

To begin the process:
a) please complete Meeting registration and payment of registration fees,
b) reserve accommodation,
c) complete and return the visa information form in full.

3) Accommodations & Breakfast Information
The IETF has sleeping room blocks at various hotels in Maastricht.  The NH
Hotel is next to the MECC, the meeting venue. A list of all the hotels and
their rates can be found here: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/78/hotel.html.

Hotel reservations will be handled by the Maastricht Booking Service and
not directly with the hotels.  Please use this link when making your
reservations: 
https://www.rai-hotelservice.com/compass/external/index.cfm?meeting_ID=1182&Meeting_ID_Code=951649384.

Breakfast is included as part of the guest room rate.  Breakfast will
-not- be provided at the meeting.  Note also that guest room Internet is
not included in most hotel room rates.

Please note that the individual hotel’s web site rates do not typically
include breakfast.

4) If you want to start planning for your trip to IETF 79 in Beijing, we
have visa information online here:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/79/visa.html

5)  Q-Fever in the Netherlands
The Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
has reported an outbreak of Q fever in the Netherlands.  See: 
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/content/in-the-news/q-fever-netherlands.aspx 
The IAOC is following the situation at the US Center for Disease Control
(CDC), US State Department, and EU equivalents periodically.  Since the
recommendations for avoiding the condition are centered around staying
away from farms, washing hands, and not eating raw milk (or raw milk
products), the IAOC does not believe there is any reason to modify the
plans for the Maastricht IETF meeting.  We will continue to review the
matter and provide updates as circumstances change.

Only 95 days until IETF 78!