Subject: RE: wrt httpstate session audio IETF-77 Anaheim

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:45:48 -0700

thanks to Vijay and David for their info.

tho, my questions weren't exactly ansered :(

David Harrington said:
 >
 > I have requested that the channel-room mapping be published;

k, thx.

 >  I have not yet determined if that was done for ietf77.

It /sorta/ has for ietf-77. there is a list of rooms mapped to channels, but 
that's it -- i.e. the implication is that the URLs link to monolithic files 
that span the entire week. but i couldn't get the server to steam the mp3 data 
back to me, so I can't tell.

 > The audio archives are broken into files that identify the channel -
 > which is associated with a specific room,

more or less done, if you goto the tools.ietf.org ietf-77 agenda -- there's a 
cute little link for each wg session that occured in a room with audio 
recording -- however those links are to the aforementioned apparently 
monolithic week-long audio tracks.

Also, Joel J. sent in an email I found an explicit channel-to-room mapping 
list, tho that explicit list isn't on any actual web page associated with 
ietf-77 that I could find (tho mebbe that has changed by now?).

 >  and a session time (monday
 > am, for example).

the above was not done as of last Mon when I sent my original inquiry.

thanks,

=JeffH

---

From: Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:53:25 -0700

Are those audio tracks, or live streams that are no longer being streamed into?

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 4:45 PM, =JeffH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> that span the entire week. but i couldn't get the server to steam the mp3
> data back to me, so I can't tell.
>
> more or less done, if you goto the tools.ietf.org ietf-77 agenda -- there's
> a cute little link for each wg session that occured in a room with audio

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:40:18 -0400

On 4/6/2010 7:45 PM, =JeffH wrote:
> It /sorta/ has for ietf-77. there is a list of rooms mapped to channels,
> but that's it -- i.e. the implication is that the URLs link to
> monolithic files that span the entire week. but i couldn't get the
> server to steam the mp3 data back to me, so I can't tell.
>
> more or less done, if you goto the tools.ietf.org ietf-77 agenda --
> there's a cute little link for each wg session that occured in a room
> with audio recording -- however those links are to the aforementioned
> apparently monolithic week-long audio tracks.
>
> Also, Joel J. sent in an email I found an explicit channel-to-room
> mapping list, tho that explicit list isn't on any actual web page
> associated with ietf-77 that I could find (tho mebbe that has changed by
> now?).

I've been thinking about moving a substantial portion of the non-actual 
media file data that I have laying around into an ietf wiki, but I need 
to be unemployed at this point to have the cycles. the material goes 
associated with the audio streaming goes back to ietf 59 and 60 where it 
was done experimentally (well, the whole thing is an experiment really) 
and the video (two rooms) goes back to about 49...

The thought of cutting down the audio files in their entirety gives me 
shivers, as there's north of 300 hours of actual meetings in a given 
ietf week. it used to take week more or less to edit down two rooms 
worth of video back in 2004.