Subject: resend - poll request

From: [email-masked] (Scott O. Bradner)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:04:08 -0400 (EDT)

working group chairs:

This is the resend of the pointer to the survey that I talked about
during the WG Chairs lunch in Anaheim – sorry for the delay

Please take a look & if you are comfortable doing so, please send a
pointer to your WG discussion list

Thanks

Scott

=== resend====

We need your support to our project that develops an open-source tool
monitoring the status of conflicts in a virtual working group (WG).
This tool will be particular well suited to monitoring conflict
resolution in IETF WGs as well as post mortem analysis of past WGs. Its
goal is to automatically analyze IETF WG discussion archives to
determine the amount of conflict and how effective this conflict is
being (has been) resolved.  As the first step, we need to understand the
relationship between the conflicts in a working group and the structure
of the communication network in that group. While having conflicts is
not necessarily a bad thing for a team, some conflicts could be
escalated into disasters. We are interested in finding the communication
patterns related to the evolution of group conflicts. Results from this
study will provide the base for the development of the tool that helps
working group chairs to decide when to intervene with an internal
conflict before it becomes irreversibly negative as well as being a tool
that may help determine where there is consensus on a particular topic.

We would like your help in understanding the level of conflicts within
your working groups and how the conflicts affect productivity and group
members’ perception on the working group. It will be greatly appreciated
if you could ask your WG members to anonymously fill a short survey at 

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dExTbEU5QmRncnhFbjhQUVR4bzBGMEE6MA

Thank you!

Best Regards, 

Bin Zhu, Mark Gaynor, Scott Bradner, and Jialun Qin

---

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 17:23:17 +0800

Internet Explorer cannot display the survey webpage.

B. R.

Tina

http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott O. Bradner" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 1:04 AM
Subject: resend - poll request

> during the WG Chairs lunch in Anaheim 鈥?sorry for the delay
>
> members鈥?perception on the working group. It will be greatly appreciated