Subject: First-Time Attendees Meet-and-Greet

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:40:56 -0400

Dear First-Time Attendees,

I am pleased that you are planning to attend your first
IETF meeting.  I look forward to meeting you at IETF 78 in
Maastricht, Netherlands.

In order to get you started on the right foot, you are invited a
Meet-and-Greet with the IETF Working Group Chairs from 4-5pm on
Sunday, July 25th.  Only first-time attendees, WG Chairs, IESG members,
and IAB members are invited to this special reception, which will take
place place in the MECC (the convention center), with exact room still
to be determined.  Beer, wine, soda, and light appetizers will be
provided.  This will be an informal gathering; there will be no speeches
or presentations.  The sole purpose of this gathering is to give you
some time to mingle with the WG Chairs and other leaders, providing a
forum for you to get answers to any questions you may have about the
IETF.  If you are hoping to speak with a particular WG Chair, you may
want to check out our WG Chair Directory, where you can find photos of
many of the IETF WG Chairs:

  http://www.ietf.org/wg/chair-photos.html

At 5pm, you are encouraged to attend the official IETF Welcome
Reception.

As you prepare to attend your first IETF meeting, I strongly
recommend that you review the Tao of the IETF, which is available
online:

  http://www.ietf.org/tao.html

Safe Travel and Best Wishes,
  Russ Housley
  IETF Chair