Subject: ID-Nits Warning

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:21:15 -0400

Does anyone know why the IDNits tool insists on giving you warning about 
how many days it has been since the document was submitted?  Is there 
some cognizance we are to take of that warning?

Thank you,
Joel

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:27:08 -0500

Just guessing, but I think that's there primarily to help people who are revising a draft notice if they missed updating the date in the draft.

RjS

On Jun 25, 2010, at 1:21 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:

> Does anyone know why the IDNits tool insists on giving you warning about how many days it has been since the document was submitted?  Is there some cognizance we are to take of that warning?
> 
> Thank you,
> Joel

---

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:48:05 +0100

Warnings are just, erm, warnings.

:-)

You may ignore a warning if there is a good reason for the thing what is 
warned about.

> Does anyone know why the IDNits tool insists on giving you warning
> about how many days it has been since the document was submitted?
> Is there some cognizance we are to take of that warning?

Adrian

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 22:16:05 +0100

On 25/06/2010 19:48, Adrian Farrel wrote:
> You may ignore a warning if there is a good reason for the thing what 
> is warned about.
>
The auto submission tool rejects drafts more than a tiny number of days 
old, presumably this is to ensure the cover dates are accurate. My 
assumption is that the warning is a side effect of using the same tool 
for post submission checks.

Stewart