Subject: IETF 78 - Maastricht Social Event

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:06:16 -0700 (PDT)

Social Event
Where: On the banks of the Meuse River
Date: Tuesday 27 July 2010
Time: 19:00 - 22:00
Hosts: Ministry of Economic Affairs, Province of Limburg and the
Municipality of Maastricht

Maastricht, one of the Netherlands oldest and most beautiful cities and
backdrop to a spectacular social event, exclusively for visitors to the
78th IETF meeting. It is a lighthearted break in the IETF78 Maastricht
program - an event you do not want to miss!

This event, characterized by culinary tour de forces, will be held on
three boats from the Rederij Stiphout fleet, moored on the Meuse
riverbanks. Here you will enjoy regional delicacies, naturally accompanied
by a complimentary drink. A wide range of live acts has been arranged for
your entertainment and will be spread over the three different boats.

The three-hour long program includes:
- Transport from the MECC to the location
- Limburg’s regional dishes
- Unlimited drinks
- Live entertainment
- Transport back to your hotels, outside City Center (schedule to follow)

Once the event is over, you might like to take the opportunity to enjoy
the beauty of Maastricht’s historical centre by night. Those who stroll
through Maastricht travel through time, starting with the Roman, Spanish
and French-inspired city centre and finishing with the contemporary
grounds of the Céramique. Browse along the Maasboulevard and walk through
the city park to the medieval Jekerk quarter. Walk though the charming
Onze-Lieve-Vrouweplein to the Vrijthof with its cozy pubs. Get to know the
multifaceted range of restaurants in the nearby Platielstraat. Taste the
city’s centuries of history and its many cultural influences. Drink deeply
of its exuberant atmosphere and bon appetite!

NOTE: You must be registered for IETF 78 to purchase a Social Ticket.  
If you have already registered for the IETF, please use this link to
purchase a social ticket:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf78/eventticket.py 

Only 33 days until the Maastricht IETF! 
Online registration for the IETF meeting is at: 
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/78/