Subject: Important Information for Session Chairs at IETF 78

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:21:27 -0700 (PDT)

Note Well
 * The Note Well text is available online at 
   http://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html and in the front pages of 
   the IETF meeting packet (PDF) at 
   http://www.ietf.org/meeting/78/meeting-packet.pdf. 

Blue Sheets
 * Please remember to circulate the blue sheets for your session.  
   o If they are not already on the clipboards, the blue sheets can be 
     found in the translucent colored folders at the head table.  Please 
     do not remove these folders from the room; they contain the blue 
     sheets for sessions that will be held in this room after your 
     group.
 * At the end of your session, please turn the blue sheets in to the 
   Secretariat at the registration desk.  After registration closes on 
   Friday, please turn in blue sheets to the Secretariat office on 1-
   Level (1.2/1.3).
 * Please DO NOT remove the clipboards from this room.  They will be 
   needed in the session that has the room after your group.

Audio/Visual and Meeting Room Issues
 * If you are having issues with the A/V equipment in your meeting room, 
   or are having a problem with the environment in your meeting room, 
   please send a trouble ticket to [email-masked].  Please be as specific 
   as possible in your message, and remember to include the room name.

Network/Connectivity Issues
 * If you are having trouble connecting to the IETF network, please send 
   a trouble ticket to [email-masked] or visit the Help Desk in the 
   Terminal Room.  Please be as specific as possible in your message.  
   If you are unable to send email, please visit the Help Desk in the 
   Terminal Room in MECC@Table (1-Level).

Presentation Slides
 * Please encourage all presenters to upload meeting slides prior to the 
   meeting.  For those that you do not receive prior to the meeting, 
   please take a few minutes to upload them at the very start of the 
   meeting.  This is particularly helpful to remote participants, since 
   while they can follow discussion via the jabber room and audio 
   stream, they cannot view meeting slides unless those slides have been 
   uploaded.

Jabber
 * At the start of the meeting, please ask if someone in the room is 
   willing to act as "scribe" for the jabber room.
 * The scribe should then join the conference room, and type a running 
   commentary as to what's going on in the room (e.g. if a speaker makes 
   a presentation, the scribe types the URL for the presentation into 
   the jabber room).
 * During question time, a remote participant can type a question into 
   the room and the scribe will pass it on to the speaker.

Audio Streaming
 * The audio streaming can only pick up sound from directly around the 
   microphone, so it is important both that you speak directly into the 
   microphone and also that you remind any meeting participants that 
   they must come up to the microphone if they want to speak.

Preparing for Proceedings
 * All materials are due no later than Friday, August 27, 2010 at 1700 
   PDT (UTC -0700).  Please use the "IETF Meeting Materials Management 
   Tool" to submit your materials.
 * Minutes may be submitted in plain text (strict ASCII or in UTF-8) or 
   in simple HTML with no style sheets. Minutes submitted with style 
   sheets will be converted to plain text.  Submission of Minutes is 
   mandatory.
 * Presentation slides may be submitted in any of the following formats:
   o PDF Adobe Portable Document Format (Acrobat 3 – XP)
   o PPT MS PowerPoint (v 95 – XP)
   o We will convert all PPT and DOC into PDF and HTML
 * Submission of Presentation Slides is strongly encouraged.  When 
   submitting multiple presentations, please indicate the order that the 
   presentations should appear in the proceedings.
 * All meeting materials will be posted on the "IETF 78 Preliminary & 
   Interim Materials" Web page at: 
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/78/materials.html.