Subject: IETF 79 - Registration

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:09:07 -0700 (PDT)

79th IETF Meeting
Beijing, China
November 7-12, 2010
Host: Tsinghua University

Registration is now open!

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/79/

1.  Meeting Registration Categories
2.  Visas and Letters of Invitation
3.  Accommodations & Breakfast Information
4.  Official Host Website

1) Registration Categories

A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 635.00
	Register and pay before Friday, 29 October 2010 at 17:00 PT (24:00 UTC)
for Early-Bird rate.

B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 785.00
	
C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00
	Full-time students with proper ID are eligible to receive a special USD
150.00 student rate. Student rate is not subject to any late-fees.
Students will also be able to register on-site at the special student
rate. Failure to provide valid student ID on-site will revoke the special
student status.

D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	1. Attend all sessions during any one day of the Meeting, and partake of
the food and beverage during the breaks
	2. You select which day to attend when you show up onsite to check-in
	3. Payments may be made onsite without a late fee
	4. Pass can be upgraded to a full Meeting Registration, however, late fee
may apply if initial one-day payment not made before Early Bird deadline
	5. Attend Sunday Tutorials at no additional charge
	6. Attend Sunday Welcome Reception at no additional charge
	7. Attend Wednesday and Thursday Plenaries at no additional charge
	8. Can purchase a ticket to the social event

CANCELLATION
The cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 1 November 2010 at
17:00 PT (24:00 UTC). Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent)
cancellation fee if requested by that date and time.

Online Registration ends: Friday, 5 November, 2010 at 17:00 local Beijing
time (02:00 PT, 09:00 UTC).

On-site Registration
You can register onsite at the meeting in Beijing, China starting Sunday,
7 November at 11:00 AM local Beijing time.

Meeting Schedule: Start Monday morning and run through Friday at 15:15
local Beijing time.  Most training sessions will take place on Sunday
afternoon 7 November 2010. Participants should plan their travel
accordingly.

2) Visas and Letters of Invitation
There are two types of visa you can use to enter China: Tourist (L) or
Business (F).

	a.  Tourist Visa (L)
Does not require a letter of invitation from the Host or the IETF
According to the Host this is appropriate if you intend to do sightseeing
in China before or after the meeting. 

b.  Business Visa (F)
An official letter of invitation from the meeting host, Tsinghua
University, is required. You can request this letter after registering for
IETF 79.

For more detailed information see:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/79/visa.html

We recommend you allow at least one month to complete the visa
application process.

3) Accommodations & Breakfast Information
	Information on IETF 79 accommodations will be announced shortly.

4. Tsinghua University, host of IETF 79, has a website to provide IETF
meeting attendees with information on the city of Beijing, the IETF
meeting venue, local transportation, weather, currency and much more.
See:  http://www.ietf79.cn/