Subject: IETF 79 - Meeting Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 13:55:54 -0700 (PDT)

79th IETF Meeting
Beijing, China
November 7-12, 2010
Host: Tsinghua University

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/79/

1.  Registration
2.  Meeting and Training Schedule
3.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
4.  Accommodations, Breakfast and Cancellation Policy

1. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 635.00 Pay by Friday, 29 October
	2010 17:00 PT (24:00 UTC) 
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 785.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	E. Registration Cancellation 	
		Cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 
		1 November 2010 at 17:00 PT (24:00 UTC). Cancellations
		are subject to a 10% (ten percent) cancellation fee if
		requested by that date and time.
	F.  Online Registration ends Friday, 5 Nov 2010, 17:00 local time
	(02:00 PT, 09:00 UTC).
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 7 November at 11:00 AM
	local Beijing time.

2. Meeting and Training Schedule: 
	A. Meeting starts Monday morning and runs through Friday at 
	15:15 local time. 
	B. Most training sessions will take place on Sunday afternoon 
	7 November 2010. The following tutorials are being offered:
	Newcomer's Training (English and Mandarin), Security Tutorial,
	Document Lifecycle Tutorial and Routing, Bridging and Switching
	Tutorial.  You can read a description of each tutorial at:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/79/tutorials.html

3. Visas & Letters of Invitation: There are two types of visa you can use
to enter China: Tourist (L) or Business (F). We recommend you allow at
least one month to complete the visa application process.

	A.  Tourist Visa (L)
	Does not require a letter of invitation from the Host or the 
	IETF. According to the Host this is appropriate if you intend 
	to do sightseeing in China before or after the meeting. 

	B.  Business Visa (F)
	An official letter of invitation from the meeting host, 
	Tsinghua University, is required. You can request this letter
	after registering for IETF 79.

	For more detailed information see: 
	http://www.ietf.org/meetin/79/visa.html

4.  Accommodations, Breakfast and Cancellation Policy
	There are a block of guest room for the IETF at two hotels 
	in Beijing, the main meeting venue - the Shangri-La Hotel
	Beijing, and the Hotel Nikko New Century Beijing. 
	Additional hotel information and instructions on making your 
	reservation and receiving the IETF group rate can be found at: 
		http://www.ietf.org/meeting/79/hotel.html

	Room rates are inclusive of daily breakfast and in room
	high-speed Internet access.

	Reservations Cut off Date: October 22, 2010

	Guaranteed Reservations to be Held: guaranteed reservations 
	will be held until the night of the arrival date. All
	reservations must be accompanied by a valid credit card that
	shall be charged on the cut off date (October 22, 2010) for 
	one night room and tax, which is refundable up to 72 hours 
	prior to scheduled arrival date.

	Guest Cancellation: Individuals can cancel a reservation 
	without penalty until 3 days prior to check-in/arrival. In 
	case of cancellation less than 3 days to 1 day prior to 
	expected arrival day, the Hotel will charge 2 nights of the 
	room charges and a service charge. For non-arrival or no-show 
	on expected arrival day, the Hotel holds the right to charge 
	the individuals for 3 nights of the room charges and a service
	charge as cancellation fees.

	Check in time: 15:00; Check out time: 12:00

	Early Departure Fee: An early departure fee of original duration
	at daily group rate and service charge will be applied to all
	rooms that do not notify the front desk within 24 hours of an
	early check out. Hotel will confirm with guest at the time of
	check in on the scheduled departure date. If guest gives the
	Hotel an advance notice of 24 hours, the Hotel will not charge
	any penalty.

	NOTE: The distance between the Hotel Nikko and the Shangri-La
	Hotel is approximately 2.2 kilometers (1.37 miles) 8-10 minutes
	by cab or bus (depending on traffic) and 20-30 minutes walking
	(though not recommended, it may be rather cold). A shuttle bus
	will be provided between the two venues running continually
	between the hotels for 1 hour prior and 1 hour after the event
	everyday from November 7-12, 2010. During the conference hours
	on November 8-12, 2010 the shuttle bus will be running between
	the two hotels every 1 hour.

	Cab prices between the Shangri-La and Nikko will cost
	approximately RMB 10-15. (approximately USD 2.20; EUR 1.75, 
	JPY 186)

Only 60 days until the Beijing IETF!