Subject: RFP: Requirements Development for Community Draft Tracking Tool

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:58:52 -0700 (PDT)

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the IETF,
announces this Request for Proposal to develop the requirements for a
community draft tracking tool.  The successful bidder will enter into a
contract with the Internet Society.

The primary goal of this project is to develop consensus on a set of
requirements for extending the Data Tracker to give individual IETF
community members, including IETF leadership, easy methods for tracking
the progress of the Internet Drafts (I-Ds) of interest to them. The tools
that will eventually be provided to individuals in the community include
the ability to create one or more (possibly large) lists of I-Ds that they
want to follow; the ability to get notifications when individual drafts
from a list changes state; the ability to see all of the state changes
that have occurred on all the drafts in a list over a specified range of
dates; the ability to set the granularity of the changes (such as "every
change", "just approvals and publication", and so on); the ability to
organize their views of a list in many fashions that would be useful to
different types of community members; and the ability to share and merge
lists with other community members.

Because there many different types of community members, there needs to
be a significant amount of outreach when creating these requirements. This
outreach includes a separate mailing list for discussion, a face-to-face
BoF at IETF 79 in Beijing, virtual meetings after IETF 79, and directed
communications with specific communities such as the I* groups, WG chairs,
and SDOs with whom the IETF has liaison relationships. The expected
outcome is requirements for multiple methods for an individual to interact
with the system that will eventually be deployed.

The RFP can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html.

Proposals must be received via email at [email-masked] no later than
October 11, 2010, 5:00 P.M. EDT. All questions/inquiries must be submitted
in writing and must be received no later than midnight, EDT, September 27,
2010. Responses to questions and inquiries shall be posted on the IAOC
website, iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html by midnight, EDT, October 4, 2010.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative
Director, Ray Pelletier.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director